• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

help me with glock slide release

LOL. She actually acts in a more supervisory than active role. I have a ledge on top of the shower back wall where she sits in case she's needed. Right next to the dive knife. I have no idea why my wife calls me paranoid.
That ain't dirt, it's mildew. Spray some white vinegar on that thang!:)

That 2nd picture you took was really good and the perfect angle.
Can you take another with the magazine in?

20170528_231217.jpg

20170529_015609.jpg

20170529_003302.jpg
so it appears the mag that looks like the one on the right with the metal on it and marked AUSTRIA causes the issues while mags like on the left with no metal and just has numbers at the bottom instead of AUSTRIA does not cause it. Nor does the ETS 32 Round mag.

20170529_003336.jpg

The model on the left (that works) has a different cut in the left hand side of the mag than the one on the right that does not work...

20170529_015609.jpg

It also looks like the mag on the left has the follower sitting higher while the mag on right sits lower in the mag...perhaps these are causing the issue

Attachments

• 20170529_020832.jpg
    20170529_020832.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 13
View attachment 1190387
View attachment 1190360 so it appears the mag that looks like the one on the right with the metal on it and marked AUSTRIA causes the issues while mags like on the left with no metal and just has numbers at the bottom instead of AUSTRIA does not cause it. Nor does the ETS 32 Round mag.

View attachment 1190367

The model on the left (that works) has a different cut in the left hand side of the mag than the one on the right that does not work...

View attachment 1190387
It also looks like the mag on the left has the follower sitting higher while the mag on right sits lower in the mag...perhaps these are causing the issue

So you're good then and it's the magazine, right?

I know Glock always changes the springs in the magazines when you take them down there since they're and integral part in the workings of the gun.

I'm not sure they would trade you one magazine for another, but if I had to bet on it, I'd bet they would....

I had a similar issue with a new S&W M&P. With one of the mags in, when I tried to use the slide release, it wouldn't function. With the second mag, and others, worked fine. After studying, noticed the culprit mag was hard to seat, requiring a hard bump. After comparing this mag with the others, I found it had a differently shaped follower, that was taller than the others. I proceeded to call S&W, and spoke with a technician, whom sent me a replacement mag in the mail.

Go to Smyrna. I took my Glocks, plus a buddy's that was 20 years old and had stopped working. Glock replaced EVERYTHING on my friend's gun except the receiver, slide and barrel. All new updated internals, swapped 2 new mags for his 2 old ones. He basically got a new gun out of it.....for NO charge. I just had them check/tune up mine and had night sights installed. Go to Smyrna.

Back
Top Bottom