Help needed

Talked with @N Cochran he said to file a case in magistrate court if I haven't heard from him by Monday. Surely this guy would rather just make it right than go to court but there are a lot of stupid people in this world. Valuable lesson learned on my end, don't trade into things you don't know about and % Facebook

Hate to hear it man. I hope everything gets straightened out as painlessly as possible. It's too bad that a mans word doesn't mean **** these days.

I bought a jon boat from a guy a couple years ago that wasn't registered to him. He was honest about the fact from the start. He had bought it from another guy and never transfered it to his name because he only used it on a private pond. I got a hand written bill of sale from him and took the boat home.

I called DNR and they said that they deal with that type of situation all the time. I went ahead and paid the registration fee over the phone with them and they gave me a temporary registration number and gave me a time and date to show up at Lake Hartwell to have the boat inspected by a DNR officer. When I took the boat for inspection I had to give the DNR officer my temporary registration number. He then called in the "VIN" number off of the hull ID plate on the back of the boat and it came back "no record" (not reported stolen). At that point he told me that I was good to go and my permanant registration card and stickers came in the mail a few weeks later.
Were you puckered up until DNR gave the all clear?

Talked with @N Cochran he said to file a case in magistrate court if I haven't heard from him by Monday. Surely this guy would rather just make it right than go to court but there are a lot of stupid people in this world. Valuable lesson learned on my end, don't trade into things you don't know about and % Facebook
Can't do a criminal case for fraud?

This was my last message to him about 20 minutes ago:

After taking this over with my lawyer if you do not make this right this weekend I will be filing a police report Monday morning for theft by deception and filing suit in your county for fraudulent sale. This is your last chance to make this right before it becomes a much bigger hassle and a much more expensive issue for you

Don't know if anything will come of it but if not I guess I'll be filing my first suit on Monday. His info is below, if anybody knows him please encourage him to make this right.

https://m.facebook.com/josh.nash.376

Honestly man, I'd start by contacting the company he works for, sounds like he might've took that boat off a job site... No company wants their name involved with employees dealing in stolen goods.

and that would just be part one of my street justice!

1714089589590.png

Is this the boat you bought

Back
Top Bottom