Help re-home this poor pup!

Status
Not open for further replies.

djocon93

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
Builder of Guns, Rider of Bikes, Waster of Ammo
127   0
Reaction score
This poor guy showed up at my doorstep last night rail thin, but very happy and friendly. I took him to the vet this morning and confirmed that he is not chipped. The vet helped us make sure he got all of his shots and gave him a basic checkup. No heartworms, and nothing else serious. He does have hookworms but they are giving him medicine for that. All of the shelters and charities I've spoken with today will only accept dogs that have already done their mandatory 10-day stay with animal control. Does anyone know of good local groups that might be interested in it helping rehome him after that? Or if they will take him before his stay at animal control, I would be glad to take him to them! We have plans to take him to AC at 3 so after that we will have to wait 10 days to re home him. Hopefully ODT can help me make sure he gets taken care of. If I didn't have 2 rescues already I'd give him a home in a second! We just don't have the room or the time for a third :(

Attachments

• IMG_1518.jpg
    IMG_1518.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 402
  • PXL_20210514_110944345.jpg
    PXL_20210514_110944345.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 393
That's a beautiful dog, If I wasn't already raising an ODT rescue I would take him in a heartbeat. We have 3 so I just can't do another one.

I'm in the same position, thanks everyone for the response! Keep praying and spreading the word!

I've said it before and I will till y'all prove me wrong. ODT members are the best!

I'm in the same position, thanks everyone for the response! Keep praying and spreading the word!

I've said it before and I will till y'all prove me wrong. ODT members are the best!
The one I got was they same way, she's a pit and you could see every rib on her. She's stout and strong now. Smartest dog we have and follows me everywhere.

The one I got was they same way, she's a pit and you could see every rib on her. She's stout and strong now. Smartest dog we have and follows me everywhere.

One of my two is a pit as well. 1 year old almost to the day. Nearly fought a guy who i watched leave her in his truck bed in a tiny crate in 94 degree, midday heat, at 3 months old, for at least an hour (maybe more but that's what I witnessed) back in August. After exchanging a few choice words he decided leaving her with me was advantageous compared to talking to the cop who pulled up. In the 9 months since she went from 12 lbs and worm ridden to 65 lbs of pure muscle and love. By far the friendliest, most obedient, loving dog I've ever had!

Attachments

• IMG_20210402_130548_782.jpg
    IMG_20210402_130548_782.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 316
Our local shelter is animal control, and a nice facility. Don't know about them taking in out of county dogs.

We have a couple of other local rescue groups - if you are interested in getting him to Clarke County, pm and I will give you contact info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom