• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Help with 22-250

I’m in need of a couple different loads with data for 22-250 just getting into reloading that round and wanted so pointers and things
Hodgdon reloading center for load data.
Personally 50 gr. is the lightest worthwhile and up to 70 gr. I have only 1 rifle in this but it has been
great. H380 is a very good choice in my opinion. But from my experience you start at the low end of the recommended charge and then do extensive load development for your specific rifle.
I don't even know if Hornady still makes SX bullets but believe Hornady when they say a velocity limit.

Just poking the Creedmor Kids. .22-250 is the OG small pill high speed round. But when you're convinced you have to be able to shoot everything from the AR platform, you end up with the Creedmor Kids.
22-250 suffers the same as the 260 rem does. Enough gas to push heavy for caliber bullets but stuck with an unoptimised twist rate. 90 gr vld bullets at 3k fps would be sick

22-250 suffers the same as the 260 rem does. Enough gas to push heavy for caliber bullets but stuck with an unoptimised twist rate. 90 gr vld bullets at 3k fps would be sick
This is true. And in factory .223 bolt action barrels. A faster twist would be nice in the 22-250.

Back
Top Bottom