• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here we go again. Damn it!

Bear44

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
213   0
Reaction score
I put a bolt in the broke tine 8 point at 5:21 this evening. It was a 30 yard shot and he jumped the string hard. The bolt impacted high in the shoulder. Very high.

Almost no blood. I found three drops total and saw him run about 10 minutes after the shot while I was looking for him. I did follow for a ways looking for him, but backed off. I'm going to let him bed down over night.

Deja vu all over again, but this time I don't feel good about the hit at all.

broke 8.JPG

This is the one I'm talking about. Thought I had him clean. Slightly quartering away shot. Perfect set up.

Tragic. Hope you find him before the yotes or the folks kicking you off the property next year do. Bad luck runs out just like good luck does. Maybe you find him tomorrow and your new property next year will be better than this years.

Tragic. Hope you find him before the yotes or the folks kicking you off the property next year do. Bad luck runs out just like good luck does. Maybe you find him tomorrow and your new property next year will be better than this years.
No yotes here and this is on the North Fulton property, not the land in South Georgia. I know the area he's in and am hoping he lays up and gets stiff overnight. I'm really doubting it was a fatal hit, but it might be enough that I can get a second shot at him.

Back
Top Bottom