Here we go again. Damn it!

Guys, I'm just sick about this one.

You did right backing out. I would have done so immediately, accepting that it will be a long night, and contacting a good, trained dog handler.

No sense in getting down about it until you are certain. This is why it's called hunting and not killing. Good luck man, and I will be on pins and needles for you until the update!

I really thought I had him. The sight was steady as a rock and I knew the distance within a yard. Then I watched him drop as the bolt flew. I can see it in my mind in slow motion. I've had them drop before, but nothing like this one did. He damn near dodged it completely. At this point, I wish he had.

Yeah at 30 yards I always aim a bit low, no matter how fast the bow may be. I would aim a touch low at 30 even with a crossbow. The reaction time of a whitetail is a marvel of wildlife.

I would call a dog. Locating him may be a trick. If you have little or no blood, a dog can read things we cannot. Locating him is key.

Yeah at 30 yards I always aim a bit low, no matter how fast the bow may be. I would aim a touch low at 30 even with a crossbow. The reaction time of a whitetail is a marvel of wildlife.

I would call a dog. Locating him may be a trick. If you have little or no blood, a dog can read things we cannot. Locating him is key.
Once I do a careful stalk of the area in the morning, if I haven't found him I'll get a dog in action.

Once I do a careful stalk of the area in the morning, if I haven't found him I'll get a dog in action.

Good thinking.

Did you do an initial search and jump him? Or did he just run away and you backed out? I'm a little unclear...Haha...Like I need answers!!! Shoot, I'm anxious just thinking about it!

This is weird to me. Aint no way a deer is ducking a bolt at 30 yards unless you are shootin an old one. The in flight part confuses me too. You cant see a crossbow bolt in flight even with lighted nocks.

This is weird to me. Aint no way a deer is ducking a bolt at 30 yards unless you are shootin an old one. The in flight part confuses me too. You cant see a crossbow bolt in flight even with lighted nocks.

Are you being serious?

Back
Top Bottom