• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here we go... assault weapons ban talks.. and clips limited to 10 rounds??

Ain't nothing wrong with being liberal , but it's the liberals that vote people like Obama, Biden ,Pelosi and other gun right haters in that are the problem. Like one of my buddies said this weekend , We don't need more gun control, We need idiot control. Just my opinion

The use of firearms to kill innocents is a tragedy whatever the number of victims. Even one is too many. Sadly whiile the public goes nuts over gun crimes, over 50,000 people are killed in automobile accidents each and every year, as many as were lost during the entire Viet Nam War ... everyone accepts this without much discussion ... Why? IMHO, that's a worthy cause to address ... Ban cars? That's ridiculous! Improve cars ... that's a worthy objective. Improve driver competence, that too is a worthy objective ... Gosh, if we could save only a few hundred lives a year that way ... it would be worthy of the effort.

It isn't the gun that kills, but the person using it ...

Unfortunately, the U.S.Supreme Court ruled that "it isn't illegal to be insane" ... that was back in the 50's and resulted in "FREEING" all the then locked-up nut cases.
Since that time we have had streets full of all kinds of insane people that are menace to both themselves and society. Further, our schools are not allowed to give even IQ tests, much less psychological testing that would allow us to detect and treat potential problems before they occur, possibly eliminating some of them.

More unfortunately are the cases of "domestic rage" that results in murder-suicides, some on a very large scale ... this needs to be studied and addressed as well.

Something with the mental health care system in this country has got to change. Bottom line. The feds step on our rights enough in so many other ways, that to ignore this one important facet is laughable.

I personally feel that after watching the conference last night, that nothing immediately is going to happen. If there is an executive order released, so many states would go bonkers it wouldn't be funny. There is not going to be a scrap of strict gun legislation to pass the house or supreme court that is not thrown back and forth 40 times, especially after the vast majority of the house being republican. I am not an Obama fan in the least, but the man had to make a statement. And, we all knew that statement would be in step with his party lines. So far he has done exactly what I expected him to do. Yes, he has said in the past that he would be for reinstating a Clinton Era-ban. He probably does support it. However, he has yet to do anything to forward that part of his agenda. He has multiple states, corporations, and rights groups suing over Obama Care; the entire governing body is trying to avoid a fiscal cliff, and not to mention North Koreas Shenanigans and the internet crap that the UN is trying to pass. I mean for crying out loud, two states gave the federal government the finger, and legalized pot and he hasn't even begun to address that issue yet. We are going to hear screams and cries from Bloomberg and the other far leftist idiots, and the media is going to run wild. Normal democrats and moderate liberals aren't saying anything because they realize that there are bigger problems to take care of first, that no one is going to pass any hip shot gun laws, and honestly I believe the moderates know it won't do any good. The mental health care program, the media, and the justice system need to be reviewed. Two things need to happen with guns, 1) More people need to carry (like principles), 2) get them away from crazy people. This is the violent and insane world we live in. Small town America isn't safe anymore. You can't hide behind your white picket fence and pretend everything is alright. There is going to have to be a step up of armed security in places like schools, stadiums, malls, etc to meet these new threats. It would be way cheaper to thoroughly inform and arm the populace and back that with strict penalties for murder and rampage killings (death after a 90 day period to rule out any alternate possibilities), than it would be to hire security guards, private security corporations, and expand police departments.

My rant is done.

what are these clips everyone keeps talking about???

Guess it's back to the sell vs sale vs sail thread

- - - Updated - - -

what are these clips everyone keeps talking about???

Guess it's back to the sell vs sale vs sail thread

Back
Top Bottom