• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Here we go

So, what does all that mean ?

example: AR pistol with 7 1/2" barrel, with an SB tactical brace. Legal or illegal ?

download.jpeg

Geez, we can't have it both ways folks. Yes, all the NFA stuff is stupid and gay but....

You want to shoulder that "brace" on a weapon with a short barrel then it's not a "stock" or else it changes the weapon into a SBR. The trade off is the "brace" isn't a stock so the weapon remains a pistol but the "brace" isn't an essential item (so you can shoulder it) but it doesn't count towards total length. So you can't have a vertical grip unless it meets the length requirement which does not include the brace.

I have a SBR so I could care less about the braced pistol/ vertical grip argument. I'd just like to keep shouldering my pistols with a brace and if things continue we're going to lose that ability at some point.

From what iv'e read and understand it's illegal
https://www.ammoland.com/2019/07/at...T3KdKdpiffIARg29aW_VpMuYoydvUrI#axzz5tnz5prEt

A number of individuals have been building AR pistols or other similar pistols that have utilized a stabilizing brace. Some have opted to add a vertical foregrip. However, based on this interpretation, those people may find that they have manufactured an “AOW”, which is subject to the restrictions of the National Firearms Act (“NFA”).

Example: you must measure from the end of the receiver extension (buffer tube) to the end of your barrel, or muzzle device if it’s pinned and welded. The measurement must be at least 26” in order to put a forward vertical grip on an AR pistol.

An AK’s, CZ EVO, etc... measurement would start a the rear of the receiver, to the end of the barrel.

C58FDAA4-B25F-4031-B579-79827820E7FC.jpeg

77D55F6B-D839-45AA-80B3-89EE01912EA7.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom