• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey, Georgia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rockford is rough these days, I was closer to Chicago in Lake County (Fox Lake, Antioch, etc.).
Served a short stint which felt like two lifetimes in Grayslake. Was never so happy to have a place in my rear view mirror. I've still kept my FOID card just as a reminder of how screwed up it was. You moved in the RIGHT direction for sure. Welcome. Enjoy the 'winter'. :cool: Oh yeah, pretty much anyone from north of I40 is a "yankee". :)

Served a short stint which felt like two lifetimes in Grayslake. Was never so happy to have a place in my rear view mirror. I've still kept my FOID card just as a reminder of how screwed up it was. You moved in the RIGHT direction for sure. Welcome. Enjoy the 'winter'. :cool: Oh yeah, pretty much anyone from north of I40 is a "yankee". :)

Hahaha, the 'FOID' card. My army buddy came to visit to do some shooting, and he whipped his FOID out at the range and the people working there were flabbergasted .

Been to the Waffle House yet? Krispy Kreme? Williamson Brothers?
Got your GFL? OC just for fun.

I've been to Waffle House sober. Something tells me I'd enjoy it more after a dozen beers. Krispy Kreme came north recently so I've done that too. I don't know what Williamson Brothers is, though. Still working on the GFL...getting time off work to actually get down to the court house is a pain in the ass. I work in Johns Creek and have to go to Lilburn or Lawrenceville (can't remember which one).

- - - Updated - - -

Looking at the response you have received I would say 'you done fit rite in'. Welcome.

:cool: so far so good!

a Yankee that wants to be country or redneck ha the south is gonna do it again

Ya know, it's kinda funny actually. Growing up (I'm 33 now), I was a typical liberal hippie, pro-this, pro-that (like it actually matters either way, right?). Getting older, I got my head on straight. The bias against the 'south' in the media and culture in general, up north, is outrageous. My friends gave me three months before I'd come running home, but I keep telling them it ain't gonna happen. Going on just over two years now, though I've been so tied up with work, I've barely even ventured outside and explored Georgia. Definitely the place to be, in my opinion.

Carpetbagger.jpg

As far as I'm concerned, Illinois is a failed state, much like California. Hell, look at any statistics, people are flocking down here. There are good reasons for that, beyond the weather and women ;).

Lake county huh? I worked at ABC plumbing right off lake cook rd for many a years. Been all over that area. F£%€ round lake park. Way too many full house repipes and cold ass days in the winter....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom