• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey, Georgia!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lake county huh? I worked at ABC plumbing right off lake cook rd for many a years. Been all over that area. F£%€ round lake park. Way too many full house repipes and cold ass days in the winter....

I definitely do NOT miss digging my car out of two feet of snow, having to start it 20 minutes before I drive it, and scraping ice off my windshield.

Ya know, it's kinda funny actually. Growing up (I'm 33 now), I was a typical liberal hippie, pro-this, pro-that (like it actually matters either way, right?). Getting older, I got my head on straight. The bias against the 'south' in the media and culture in general, up north, is outrageous. My friends gave me three months before I'd come running home, but I keep telling them it ain't gonna happen. Going on just over two years now, though I've been so tied up with work, I've barely even ventured outside and explored Georgia. Definitely the place to be, in my opinion.

Damn!! Exactly the same here. Did by chance the 66% income tax hike motivate you to leave? Been down here 2yrs five months myself. Never did get my FOID card. The app and a check sat on the shelf for nearly six yrs. Figured what was the point. Couldn't use a gun if you needed to anyhow.

Damn!! Exactly the same here. Did by chance the 66% income tax hike motivate you to leave? Been down here 2yrs five months myself. Never did get my FOID card. The app and a check sat on the shelf for nearly six yrs. Figured what was the point. Couldn't use a gun if you needed to anyhow.

Income tax, crime, the drugs being pumped into the county, gas tax, the weather, etc. Got a job offer one day that I couldn't refuse. Admittedly, I was hesitant at first. I couldn't imagine going back at this point. Chicago will always be my home, and I have a profound love of the city and more good memories than I can count, but until Illinois, and the people of Illinois get their **** together and take the state back, I'm not budging. I even try to convince my friends to move on down too lol.

yeah, that carries about as much weight as the Kennesaw Mandatory firearm law

I take it damn serious. I use it to buy new guns frequently. :D
Now if they would just enact a grenade and booby trap law.

I fear the liberal cultural influx in the region will soon over run the Kennesaw perimeter forcing us further afield.

Last edited:
Another damn Yankee :p Glad you made it and welcome to ODT. However, you must perform the ancient Redneck rituals without failure. You must perform one kind deed daily, you must own a pickup and at least one hound dog, and lastly you must be able to perform a dumbass stunt just after saying... "Hear hold my beer"....

Haha welcome and post t he effects afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom