• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hey old guyz. Tell us a story from the old days ;)

This is what I remember... Bubble gum if I remember right.

View attachment 4442485
This is what I remember....
1656457706492.png

I forgot the BB gun fights with rules like: No shooting in the head or the balls. Never failed that someone would miss and "accidently" miss and then it was a free for all. I used to hunt snakes and lizards in the Ventura County CA river bottom. My sister, her friend and I were chased up a tree by a damn bull. Between my dad's property and the river bottom was a small strip of grass with cows and one day the bull caught us so up the tree we went. We sat there for about 20 minutes before we could get down. My stupid younger brother had found an intact pistol round and placed it in a vice. His idea was to strike it with a hammer and screwdriver however he clamped the vice on to the brass and bullet head. The explosion blew a piece of brass through his wrist and sent him to the hospital.

Times I almost died:
Driving with my cousin in his lowered S10 down a back road in Ojai CA with the intention of hitting this huge dip in the road so fast we could get the little truck airborne. It was about 100' long and dipped about 2 to 3 feet lower then the main road. We started down the slope and my cousin pushed the gas pedal to the floor and we shot through and up and out with all 4 tires off the ground. Lots of fun!

Driving with 2 different cousins in the ones small 4x4 truck to go up to the snow. Pine Mountain in CA is located on a 2 lane HWY33. We were heading to the snow for some sledding. My dumbass cousin thinks it was funny to get over the top and in the snow and ice on the road he pulls his emergency brake and cranks the wheel over. We spun a few times before coming to a stop in the middle with him laughing and me looking to strangle his ass because what we narrowly missed was sliding down the embankment 300' to the vertical bottom. That was no fun!

Joy riding with a co-worker one day during our lunch break in his supped up 68' firebird. We hit the main road barking and burning tire rubber as the tail end fish tailed before straightening up. When he had finally gone through all gears we were doing 130+ on his speedometer. Everything was whizzing past. Towards the end of the run there was a 15mph turn to the right and up over a hill and down to a 4 lane intersection. He braked, down shifted a couple times and we hit that intersection with no other cars some how and in the middle he brakes, yanks the emergency brake while cranking the wheel hard left as we slide around back 180 he straightens out and off we go in the opposite direction just as fast as we got there. What a ride! Almost forgot, no seat belts or airbags!

Best friend down at Tybee, we were jumping our bikes off the seawall onto the beach about 4 feet below, his front wheel fell off in the air, forks buried in the hard-packed sand. Epic face-plant. And that sand will skin you up like concrete.
We use to find junk bikes an cut off the forks to make ours a chopper.
I didnt drill and screw mine on one time. Popped a wheelie and the front wheel and forks took off as I slammed down and rack myself up real bad. ;(
My doctor was quite a beautiful woman and there I was at 9 with my junk in her hand . Ah ah ah ah. Yes mam :heh: :heh:

Back
Top Bottom