• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hidden camera discovered I’m my office

My question is

WWBD?

What would @Bypass do
That's an easy answer.

blow_it_up_ugly_americans.gif

A key question revolves around "private office". Is this a place you may normally feel confident in changing to work out clothes before leaving work for the day? Do you have a door you can close at anytime? Your boss does not have the right to come search your desk, if it is for your exclusive use, not shared with anyone else. He does have the right to look through your file drawer used to store company files used for company business.

As to phone calls, one person has to be aware they are being recorded, or listened to by a third party. Federal wiretapping laws. If all phones are recorded, and all employees know this, no problem. Until a visitor asks to use the phone. That visitor has to be made aware his conversation could be recorded, or federal wiretap laws have been broken. You discover your wife is having an affair, and routinely talks on the phone, you pay for, to her lover. You set up a tape recorder and record all the conversations, even the ones about how they are going to take you for every cent you have and run away. You can not use this information in court because you obtained it illegally. You could, in theory, be prosecuted for wiretapping.

Back
Top Bottom