• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hidden camera discovered I’m my office

30 years ago I worked for a guy in the private investigations industry. He set up stuff like this. One of the facilities was in Hawaii and it was wall to wall 100% live video and sound in the owners home.

When the subject of the law was asked. The boss was like "you are the tip of the spear" The technology is so new, they hadn't made the laws yet.

I have no idea what the laws currently are.

I would guess the factors at play would be expectation of privacy and reasonable oversight and factual recording of events on business premises. Which is toast when the information revealed in confidence is related to another in your presence.

A lawyer is good research for info. You currently have zero expectation of privacy in your office.

Run the **** away!!!!! I had a micro managing asshole who did the same to me because I was generating more sales than him and achieving far more goals than he had ever thought about and he even put a shadow on my computer that showed him every keystroke I made in the course of doing my day to day business. I was banking six figures but I told them to shove that invasive BS straight up the tailpipe!!! Ain't nobody got time for that stuff!!!!!!!!! And make sure you tell him to get stuffed!!!!!!!!!

All these legal advise about one party’s or two consent, only matter if you have an expectation of privacy. Like in your own home, property, public bathroom stall.

There is no expectation of privacy in a public work place, and recording can be made for any reason.

Are you positive this wasn’t initiated by LE?

Georgia is a one party consent state. As long as one party is aware of the recording it’s fine.

Yep. Most modern phone systems record EVERY CALL by default. I looked at many systems last year. It’s sold as protection for the company.

Back
Top Bottom