Hiding your Scent while hunting

All these sprays, suits, washes and other stuff is great but you'll never full mask your scent fully, best thing to do is pay attention to the wind and play it right. I hunted most of the season with no scent cover and sat accordingly to wind and saw deer almost every single hunt.

playing the wind can be tricky because sometimes the wind changes direction, have you ever use any of the mentioned method?

You gotta smell like the outdoors man
71rYsqmcX0L._SX522_.jpg

did you use this? what was the out comes?
It just kills odors and doesn't smell like anything after its dry(just a min or 2).
I don't deer hunt much anymore but I've used while coyote hunting plenty of times and I personally think coyote can smell better than deer and definitely smarter.

I used some of that dead down wind brand trail powder.

You squeeze it behind your feet walking into your stand and it's like a gritty powder that has all kinds of crushed/dried yummy stuff that deer like.
It smells and tastes sweet.

The first time I used it I had that big bodied six pointer walk right down the path and sniffed all the way to my ladder and looked up right at me but didn't spook.
He walked around my tree a few times sniffing at the ground then disappeared in full stealth mode.
I could have shot him 100x but I couldn't because I shot that damn spike in low light a few days prior.
It's like that bastard knew I couldn't shoot him.

Back
Top Bottom