• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Higgs Boson Particle Discovered....aka "God Particle"

I did not know that. Thanks!

peter Griffin2.jpg

They lied when they said they discovered it back when...

I guess saying they lied is extreme they knew it existed just couldn't prove it back then :)

They were 99.9% sure that it was the Higgs back during the initial announcement. With additional investigation, they are now 99.999% sure it is the Higgs. As with all things scientific you will never see 100% certainty.

I could care less about the implications behind the creation of the universe (too many religious conflicts for me personally), but hey, if Higgs denotes mass....
All we have to do is figure a way to manipulate Bosons and we can create anti-gravity, or artificial gravity. Hell, you're talking an entire new propulsion science with all manner of heavy technological implications. This is as important as the nano technology that is about to revolutionize power storage and delivery. Imagine a car battery the size of a cellphone, give it 20 years.

I could care less about the implications behind the creation of the universe (too many religious conflicts for me personally), but hey, if Higgs denotes mass....
All we have to do is figure a way to manipulate Bosons and we can create anti-gravity, or artificial gravity. Hell, you're talking an entire new propulsion science with all manner of heavy technological implications. This is as important as the nano technology that is about to revolutionize power storage and delivery. Imagine a car battery the size of a cellphone, give it 20 years.

Good thinking.

Back
Top Bottom