• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

high fructose corn syrup

Yep, it's in virtually every food on the shelf.
I try very hard not to buy anything with HFCS (strawberry mini-wheats get me every time though.), and you would be surprised how difficult it is.
I have been seeing a trend lately though, that many manufacturers are switching back to cane/beet sugar.
I guess people are finally get fed up with the crappy taste, and/or figuring out it has been helping to fatten Americans for about 30 years!
Hunt's makes ketchup HFCS free, and Smuckers has a line of natural jelly without it.
Mostly you need to make stuff from scratch, or shop in the natural foods section to do without it.

I think HFCS is a major contributor to the spike in type 2 diabetes. It is everywhere-and tastes crappy to boot!

I used to travel to Mexico and Canada a lot. It is very easy to taste the difference between cokes there. Also, the ketchup tastes much better without HFCS.

As we are discussing HFCS, let me ask another relevant question. What do you guys think of organic food products?
In my opinion (that is based on a scientific study) organic food is waste of money.

As we are discussing HFCS, let me ask another relevant question. What do you guys think of organic food products?
In my opinion (that is based on a scientific study) organic food is waste of money.
What were the standards to meet the definition of organic in the study?

Back
Top Bottom