• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

high fructose corn syrup

I can tell if I eat a piece of bread made with HFCS, my body is that sensitive to it. That's why I drink Pepsi and not HFCS beverage made in Atlanta. Pepsi has drinks made with real sugar.

We got it all wrong in this country. We should not have to "certify" organic food - it should be the default as it is food grown the way it once was and is intended to be grown (or closer to it). Everything else should be labeled Non-Organic or "Modified" not the other way around. That' so backwards. But the food industry and Washington won't even allow genetically modified food to carry a simple disclaimer because it might scare away profits. It's seriously pathetic. "Organic" shouldn't be trendy and it shouldn't be stigmatized as something yuppies use validate their affluent lifestyle. I'm seeing more and more organic offerings just about everywhere so I think people are starting to question where their food comes from and, more importantly, what the hell is in it.

Studies were conducted by Cornell and Stanford Universities. Let me check with authors, if they let me, I will put both manuscripts here.

Is this in regards to nutritional content? Because that's not the point of organic. Nutritional content will not be significantly higher but it's the lack of pesticides and GMOs that people are after. Taste is another factor. Organic foods, in general, have a noticeably better taste. Organic milk, eggs, chicken, and beef just taste so much better than the typical supermarket variety.

Now, don't get me wrong, as much as I hate to think about what's in their food, the steak and eggs at Waffle House are the perfect ending to booze-filled night, and it does hold a special place in my heart, but once you taste an organic piece of steak with organic eggs and REAL non-GMO corn grits, fresh toast with real butter and homemade jam.....wow!! Now I'm hungry!

Back
Top Bottom