• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

High mileage oil - yes / no ?

StuP

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
103   0
Reaction score
I have an 02 tahoe with around 180k on it. It sits as a spare 99% of the time, probably a thousand miles a year, if that. So far I've put conventional oil in every 3k. It's a great vehicle I want to keep going as long as possible, (plenty of spares available, not too many electrics, tough & versatile).

So who would use high mileage oil or synthetic instead of good old dino ?

I have an 02 tahoe with around 180k on it. It sits as a spare 99% of the time, probably a thousand miles a year, if that. So far I've put conventional oil in every 3k. It's a great vehicle I want to keep going as long as possible, (plenty of spares available, not too many electrics, tough & versatile).

I use high mileage synthetic, in my older gas burners.

I just run whatever is speced for the motor. I have a 92 f150. I just run what it says on the cap. Nothing more nothing less.

I’d run Rotella T6 5W 40 running my truck my race bikes my race carts. Cheap high-quality oil it’s full synthetic.

I've used Synthetic on my Hemi 4x4 Since, I bought it in 09 it's an 06. It had 33k on it and now it has 168k roughly..My O7 Jeep Wrangler has a new Jasper remanufactured 3.8, it now has 14k after 3 years. I change both at 4k miles and have never changed the weight of the oil...They both run great..

Back
Top Bottom