• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hisense Dehumidifier- Look at what their Customer Service told me to do!

Does the fan come on?

I have two frigidaires that are 10 and 12 years old. Both work great but both have the same flaw. The fan relay dies after 3-4 years. So I have them both set on constant ON and control the run time with a lamp timer. Works fantastic.
Nope, fan runs fine. Compressor doesn't seem to be turning on. Humidity meter has just been going up and up... fan running the whole time. I plugged in my backup (I've learned to keep two of the damn things around at all times as they all suck) and the humidity is starting to drop. It's sucked a gallon of water since noon.

I sure wish someone would tell me if the "professional" roll-around ones for about a grand work well, and LAST. Congratulations to you Harry, but this is number seven or eight that have failed on me in 17 years. I've lost count But I've spent a dollar a day at least over that time on the machines. Here's hoping yours last another 17!

I’ve gone through 2 of these and each time they replaced it no questions asked, sent me a new one and didn’t have to return the old ones. Coils freezing up. They both did the same exact thing after 10 months. Using gravity drain. After the second one (on my 3rd) they said no more warranty. Going on 5 months now.

Hisense is a budget brand electronic company, you’re gambling with the products at their price point. My tv is a hisense and it’s good but the Android os kinda sucks

I put one in my basement , don’t remember the brand name
But I removed the bucket and installed a condensate pump , so I don’t have to empty the bucket .

Hisense is a budget brand electronic company, you’re gambling with the products at their price point. My tv is a hisense and it’s good but the Android os kinda sucks
Yes, but it's the same with Fridgidaire, GE, Whirlpool, and every other brand sold at Home Depot/Lowes/Best Buy/etc. They're all garbage. It's not HiSense that's the problem-- best I can tell, there are no home dehumidifiers that will last. Some folks get lucky... but I have not, and I've tried them all.

Don't know if it's RoHS, or "Energy Star" or just crappy Chinese quality... but something is wrong, when none of them are any good.

Yes, but it's the same with Fridgidaire, GE, Whirlpool, and every other brand sold at Home Depot/Lowes/Best Buy/etc. They're all garbage. It's not HiSense that's the problem-- best I can tell, there are no home dehumidifiers that will last. Some folks get lucky... but I have not, and I've tried them all.

Don't know if it's RoHS, or "Energy Star" or just crappy Chinese quality... but something is wrong, when none of them are any good.
The "cheapening of America" in action here. Nothing but junk from China out there.

I installed a whole house Aprilaire dehumidifier and it lasted about 13 years. I guess if I called a tech, he probably could have fixed it. I just replaced it with a new one.... I figured 13 years was a good run!

I installed a whole house Aprilaire dehumidifier and it lasted about 13 years. I guess if I called a tech, he probably could have fixed it. I just replaced it with a new one.... I figured 13 years was a good run!
I would have to agree with that... definitely a good run. And about 1/3 the price per day of the residential roll-around models.

I would have to agree with that... definitely a good run. And about 1/3 the price per day of the residential roll-around models.
I like the whole house units. You can program them to sample the air every hour and if it needs to run it will or it will turn off until the next hour.

Back
Top Bottom