• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home based FFL

So did OP get the FFL? I had my phone call with the IOI today and they asked about Zoning. I thought that State Pre-Emption law got rid of zoning regulations for firearms businesses.
Hey man, yes I did. Process simple if zoning gives you an issue take a copy of the pre-emption law with you and you’ll be fine. Sometimes you have to light a fire under them to get your rights lol IOI will call them to make sure you got license and etc before they come out to tell you do’s and don’t. Mine took about 3 hours if I recall correctly. Good luck!

Hey man, yes I did. Process simple if zoning gives you an issue take a copy of the pre-emption law with you and you’ll be fine. Sometimes you have to light a fire under them to get your rights lol IOI will call them to make sure you got license and etc before they come out to tell you do’s and don’t. Mine took about 3 hours if I recall correctly. Good luck!

Yes I talked to the supervisor with zoning in my county. Came across the same as no firearms businesses are allowed as home businesses. I sent her a copy of OCGA 16-11-173 and she said she will pass it to the county's legal counsel. Also I told my IOI and emailed him a copy of the county's business license requirements. Our county states that applicants are required to apply for a business license 5 days prior to opening for business. So I cant apply until I have the FFL correct? Also OP did you have to register your trade name,and if so did you have to place an ad in the local county paper also?

Back
Top Bottom