• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Home invasion in Canada

A Canadian man defended himself during a home invasion, and now he's being prosecuted for doing so.

The incident occurred on July 12th when a home in Nova Scotia was broken into by three men, all of whom were armed. Along with the help of another man in the residence, Kyle Earl Munroe was able to wrestle a gun out of the hands of one of the criminals and fired it at the men, prompting the three men to flee.

One of the men was shot by Munroe, but is expected to survive.

And yet, for the simple act of defending himself, Munroe could face jail time. The charges he faces include "attempted murder, intent to discharge a firearm, intent to discharge a firearm when being reckless, careless use of a firearm, improper storage of a firearm, pointing a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm knowing that possession is unauthorized, and possession for the purpose of trafficking," according to The Chronicle Herald.

He is scheduled to appear in court on August 22nd. Until then, he cannot contact two specific individuals, he cannot even "possess a cellphone or pager," and he cannot leave his house unless he needs to attend "essential activities such as work or medical appointments," per The Chronicle Herald.

Unfortunately, what Munroe is going through is not uncommon in Canada. Here's another similar example: (H/T: St. Catherines Standard)

The whole thing reminds me of Ian Thomson, an Ontario man who went through a similar ordeal a few years ago. In that case, Thomson woke up to four men throwing Molotov cocktails at his home. Living a long way from police the former firearms instructor fired warning shots at his assailants, put out the fire that could have burned down his home and then called police.

He was charged and also faced more jail time than his attackers.

Thomson was acquitted but not before he was forced through a lengthy court battle that has ruined him financially.

As the aforementioned column goes on to state, a law was passed under Prime Minister Stephen Harper to prevent jail time against those defending themselves, yet Michael Woodard faced charges for doing just that against three home invaders.

Clearly, Canada doesn't respect the right of self-defense. American citizens should be thankful for the Second Amendment.

Follow Aaron Bandler on Twitter.

Need more info!

Now, now, they is just pending charges not real ones...

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/08/canadian-home-invader-murder/
He faces charges of attempted murder, intent to discharge a firearm, intent to discharge a firearm when being reckless, careless use of a firearm, improper storage of a firearm, pointing a firearm, possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
unauthorized possession of a firearm, possession of a firearm knowing that possession is unauthorized, and possession for the purpose of trafficking.

Chris Hansen, a spokeswoman for the Public Prosecution Service, said: “Right now they’re just pending charges.”

Now, now, they is just pending charges not real ones...

https://milo.yiannopoulos.net/2017/08/canadian-home-invader-murder/
But this the worst of all
Terrorist Omar Khadr just got $8 million USD, from Canadian PM Justin Trudeau. Khadr is upset because he was allegedly mistreated at Guantanamo Bay. Khadr will also be getting an apology from the Canadian government for his “mistreatment.”
Khadr and his family are buddy buddy with Al-Qaeda. His father was a financier for the September 11, 2001, attacks against innocent Americans.
Back in 2002, Khadr, a Canadian citizen, killed US Army Sergeant First Class Christopher Speer. Speer was a combat medic, which makes his death a war crime. Yes, there are crimes of war and there are rules when having a war.
Justin Trudeau is a weak scrap of a man. He has no backbone, nothing. While I understand that this terrorist was a Canadian citizen who does have rights, in my opinion when you decide to murder an American medic your rights should very well be revoked.

Continue reading this article here: http://www.turningpoint.news/terrorist-receives-8-million-dollar-payout-canada/

Let's see a form of government that disarms the citizens, arms the police and the government's Army then makes individual self-defense a crime... They also silence speech that is counter productive to supporting the state...

Where have I seen this occur before? Scratching my little befuddled head.

Doublespeak.

upload_2017-8-3_7-30-6.jpeg

Let's see a form of government that disarms the citizens, arms the police and the government's Army then makes individual self-defense a crime... They also silence speech that is counter productive to supporting the state...

Where have I seen this occur before? Scratching my little befuddled head.
Me thinks you are referring to a Carpet Muncher..

Back
Top Bottom