• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homeless Camps

It's an eyesore, they promote disease how they live, they slow down traffic. Anyone who gives them money contributes to the problem. We need to start arresting them and doing controlled burns of the areas where they are camping. Tell them first don't burn it at night when they are sleeping or something, but burning the area will help rid the area of the diseases that are floating around in these tent cities

That ain't much. Won't fill my pickup if I am on empty. There was a time 10 bucks would buy 40 gallons of gas, no more.
I was 13 last time I saw gas 24 cents a gallon.
By the time I was 16 gas was 75 cents a gallon. Cheapest I got gas was 89 cents a gallon 3 or so years ago with my Kroger Card.
Never got a discount like that again. I think 30 cents off max 15 gallons.

Question about this. I moved from California and still visit there for work with regularity. The homeless problem out there is basically an artifact of bad legislation and public policy. Back in the day when I was a youngster the homeless would either be ushered into shelters or appropriate mental health facilities and basically from a law enforcement perspective, tended to be "moved along" relatively quickly.

LEO types, what's the state of affairs in GA these days with respect to "encouraging" people to move along?

Question about this. I moved from California and still visit there for work with regularity. The homeless problem out there is basically an artifact of bad legislation and public policy. Back in the day when I was a youngster the homeless would either be ushered into shelters or appropriate mental health facilities and basically from a law enforcement perspective, tended to be "moved along" relatively quickly.

LEO types, what's the state of affairs in GA these days with respect to "encouraging" people to move along?

Line them up to receive free ****. Whether its clothes, food, etc.

c393e9d1e23898e0b90ddd832bbf20fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Homelessness is going to be a growing problem for a while in america

It's a global problem. There are way too many people in the world. We are overdue for a drastic reduction in population. It doesn't matter what we think about it either. Nature is going to find a way to take care of it

c393e9d1e23898e0b90ddd832bbf20fe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With cars ? I never understood why someone would be homeless under a bridge unless they wanted to be noticed. I think I'd want to be tucked away someplace a little bit more private.
There is a young homeless guy up here in Duluth I see him almost everyday riding his bicycle. He's got some kind of shelter he built tucked away in the woods not too far from Buford Highway. I know he takes a different path periodically so he doesn't leave trails. He's been there for years...
Sure he has some problems, both by choice and by affliction oh, but he does try to get little jobs here and there...
When I do see him and I've got some extra cash I try to buy him something, nothing big I've given him stuff from a toothbrush to an inner tube patching kit. Nothing very special I'm 9contributing but it's stuff he uses...

Where is that camp?

Back
Top Bottom