• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Homeless Camps

With cars ? I never understood why someone would be homeless under a bridge unless they wanted to be noticed. I think I'd want to be tucked away someplace a little bit more private.
There is a young homeless guy up here in Duluth I see him almost everyday riding his bicycle. He's got some kind of shelter he built tucked away in the woods not too far from Buford Highway. I know he takes a different path periodically so he doesn't leave trails. He's been there for years...
Sure he has some problems, both by choice and by affliction oh, but he does try to get little jobs here and there...
When I do see him and I've got some extra cash I try to buy him something, nothing big I've given him stuff from a toothbrush to an inner tube patching kit. Nothing very special I'm 9contributing but it's stuff he uses...

Where is that camp?

Freedom parkway bridge at I75 SB.

Most are by heavily trafficked roads so they can beg for money. It slows down traffic flow when some one stops to hand them money. It also is dangerous, can cause accidents. Most are homeless by choice.

The de-institutionalization of progressive American mental health initiatives at work. That, and budget cuts for government-funded asylums. Oh, wait, we're not allowed to call them asylums anymore, and everyone can be treated and integrated into society.

These are asylums with no walls. Lucky us.

I have had a couple of friends that wound up homeless oh, some of them because they were worthless drug addicts, and some of them were actually by circumstance.
I don't want to Clump all homeless people into one big smelly basket, some of these people have serious mental health issues. And some of them are just absolutely the most worthless dregs of society.
It's hard to draw a distinction between the two at times but it should not keep you from helping out when your heart tells you to help out....
:amen:
I have helped out some pretty worthless people in my life and they continue to be worthless and that is beyond my control,

If they are able-bodied and of semi sound mind you would think the first thing they would do would be to move out from under a bridge with a bunch of scumbags...

I think we also need to address the issue with the "boat people" in Georgia.

Oftentimes these itinerant alcoholics gather in places like Lake Oconee and Lake Lanier and do nothing but get drunk, pollute, urinate in public, and scream at their kids. Something has to be done. Look at this camp. Bunch of wine-os and pill poppers.

3996f972cbea54065d320a92d5343fba.jpg

Back
Top Bottom