• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda 2.4 Stuck Rings

Soak rings in MMO. Stuck rings are very common in Saturns and MMO takes care of it. Pull sparkplugs, put 1/4 cup of MMO in each cylinder. Leave it overnight. Cover spark plug holes with a rag and turn over engine by hand to push MMO out. Repeat, if needed.

Yup MMO is good stuff, originally developed for piston airplane engines iirc

So for the guys suggesting kerosene or seafoam in the cylinders, wouldn't he need to do an oil change as that product will go past the rings into the oil and thin it out? No so much for MMO but the kerosene based products yes?

Most synthetic oils won't smoke when the burn...

Still would think it would gunk up the O2 sensor and cat and throw a code

Too bad they didn't have synth oil in 1985 when I was driving a 78 formula firebird with a 305 chebby engine that was so worn out it fouled the plugs so bad I had to install the spark plug extenders to move the plugs out of the cylinders so they wouldn't foul

Left a blue trail of smoke everywhere I went too

Still would think it would gunk up the O2 sensor and cat and throw a code

Too bad they didn't have synth oil in 1985 when I was driving a 78 formula firebird with a 305 chebby engine that was so worn out it fouled the plugs so bad I had to install the spark plug extenders to move the plugs out of the cylinders so they wouldn't foul

Left a blue trail of smoke everywhere I went too
I would agree on the gunk up part, It still bypasses rings and burns, just doesn't smoke much.
I had a 74 El Camino that was SO wore out, I switched to 50 weight Harley oil just to lessen the rod knock noise. I tried my BEST to blow that one up but it just wouldn't come apart...I finally built me a solid 355 to replace it...

Back
Top Bottom