• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Honda experts

You're already there, might as well check a couple and see what you're dealing with. Unless they are TTY rod or main bolts, I would pull them for a look see.
I'm going to change the connecting rod bearings, main bearings and oil pump. I can't see any reason I can't change the main bearings 1 at a time and reretorque them 1 at a time since it's already been seated.

5w-20 or 5w-30 or do what the old school military guys did 15-40 in everything .... U gotta think thinner oil is going to lube the cylinder quicker compared to a thicker oil my 23 Tacoma runs 0w-20 an that's what I use .
.. only go about 6-7k miles even tho says it's gold for 10k I got the truck new put 500 miles on it had em change it an they looked at me crazy an I'm just like it's not even broken in at 500 ... Free oil changes lifetime ding protection got super warranty on it cost an extra 70 a month but I can take that baby through the trails scratch it up curb it bust rims tires replacement is free no deductible an no insurance

Ok, I'm invested in this now. What happened OP?
I got new rod bearings, crank bearings and oil pump. Just haven't had time to get back on it. I planned on doing it this weekend but now I'm working all weekend. It's been busy for the last few months. I still do repairs on some of my old customer's vehicles and have 3 other projects going too.
I will take some pictures one I get it back on the concrete.

Back
Top Bottom