• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hope this isn't your pit bull loving grandma!

It's been proven in court before, one breed is not more aggressive than another, where are all the attacks when these were used as nanny dogs around WWI and WWII times
If that makes you sleep good at night fine, but don't ask for leniency or expect any, if God forbid, your dog ever attacks someone.

You have a 1 in 112,400 chance of dying from a dog bite or strike
  • You are at more risk of dying from:
    • Cataclysmic storm: 1 in 66,335
    • Contact with hornets, wasps and bees: 1 in 63,225
    • Air and space transport incidents: 1 in 9,821
    • Firearm discharge: 1 in 6,905
    • Choking from inhalation and ingestion of food: 1 in 3,461
    • Heart disease and cancer: 1 in 7

"Yeah OK" is probably what they all think until.
Oh wait let me guess, they snap. That's my dog in all those pics over years. My daughter in the top, my niece in the middle and my ex daughter on the bottom. My daughter was about 5 when I taught her how to walk a 70lb baby killer all by herself. My niece is the most recent as she just turned one. Both my exs daughters could walk my dog by themselves.

I believe in the breed and will always have one. You have to understand what you are getting into. Socialization, release of energy, training and with training off limit spaces. I've always done that and never had a problem. People act like these are the only dogs that bite lol, it's news worthy that's why, headlines. Just like white cop kills a black man

If that makes you sleep good at night fine, but don't ask for leniency or expect any, if God forbid, your dog ever attacks someone.
It's been proven in court before, one breed is not more aggressive than another, where are all the attacks when these were used as nanny dogs around WWI and WWII times
Pit Bulls aren't inherently more aggressive than other breeds. And, until recently, they were actually less statistically dangerous than Dobermans, Rottweilers, German Shepherds, and even Golden Retrievers. Unfortunately, selective dog breeding, specifically for aggressive tendencies, over the last 30 years (8 generations, in dog years) compiled with the increased likely hood that certain breeds will be mistreated with an eye toward fostering (or at the very least, not mitigating) aggressive tendencies, means that some breeds need more training and attention than others.

You have a 1 in 112,400 chance of dying from a dog bite or strike
  • You are at more risk of dying from:
    • Cataclysmic storm: 1 in 66,335
    • Contact with hornets, wasps and bees: 1 in 63,225
    • Air and space transport incidents: 1 in 9,821
    • Firearm discharge: 1 in 6,905
    • Choking from inhalation and ingestion of food: 1 in 3,461
    • Heart disease and cancer: 1 in 7

What are the stats on being attacked and bitten, not just dying? Seldom see stories of Collies, Labs or Golden Retrievers killing people. Just sayng.

Back
Top Bottom