• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How about separate "WTT" and "WTS" forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry it took so long to respond, i dont check back here often(the trade thing is really annoying, and i dont like using the site much)

If you don’t use the site that much then why should I care about this? And you notice in your absence the site has grown considerably, and I haven’t seen any outcry from others about needing separate sections.

yes, it is. the search feature on this site is HORRIBLE. searching is a major PITA and you can't break it down by forums(unless i am doing it wrong). .

I don’t even understand this, of course you can go into individual forums and search individual forums. I suggest learning how to use the site and the search function before asking for a change.

you dont need 3 sections for trades, that is not looking at the entire picture. i know you dont want to hear this, but look at ar15.com. their classifieds/"EE" section is one of the best on the internet, PERIOD. they have a for SALE section, which forces buyers to sell their items only. this does NOT mean that they cant also accept trades, all it means is that it MUST have a price. they have a trade only section to for all types of firearms. this works out great, because you can take the tons of "TRADE ONLY" posts and they have their own section. .

If it is the best then why are you here? By all means go use the best. And yes, you would need the extra sections unless you got rid of another division like rifles, handguns, ammo, etc, as you would need multiple categories for each.

for the life of me i dont understand why it can't be done. you have 500 subforums/different forums already, and there is even a freaking COOKING RECIPE sub section being floated at the top of the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IN THE HECK IS THIS EVEN UP FOR CONSIDERATION YET YOU SHOOT DOWN A TRADE ONLY SECTION LIKE ITS A HOOKER WITH AIDS???????? .

If you would learn to read you would find that there is no cooking recipe section, there is a hobbies section, which has been here all along. And if enough folks actually want a cooking recipe section then one day we will have one. Just like your idea, if it had droves of support I would consider it.

and no, i would NOT click the ad if i was looking for any firearm and it has the word trade in it unless its after the word "FOR SALE". Your thought process on this is severely flawed and lacks common sense. i think you would see an increase in membership if you had a trade section. currently, i dont(and wont) tell people to use this site. the trade issue is why. it was not like this on georgia gun trader, and we(I) was pretty much forced to come here with no real options left to use for georgia "trading".

why dont you test it out? put it up for a trial period. if it doesnt work take it down and you can permanently ban my IP address from this site. How does that sound? .

As people love to tell me, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. I’m not going to go to the trouble of redesigning the classifieds for a trial period when there is no real demand for it from the users

We're not going to dredge all this stuff up, if someone wants to start a new thread then go ahead, but this one is getting closed. And if someone starts a new thread please be sure to include a poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom