• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How about separate "WTT" and "WTS" forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.
For buckwheat762 - one reason many of us trade is folks have LOTS of guns and LITTLE cash...

i hear you... and again, i dont mind trades. i have done it before, but usually it doesnt work out for me due to me being picky and everyone wanting double what their item is worth... that is neither here nor there.

my point is, when you are scanning the ads and you run across some guy that has an ad for exactly what you want... you go to click it and its TRADE ONLY. i, as a cash buyer, do not want to see these ads in the same section. its frustrating to find what you want, only to have the guy tell you more or less to take a hike on buying it.

so i support trading 100%... it just needs to be separated from the for SALE (<--- key word there) section.

i hear you... and again, i dont mind trades. i have done it before, but usually it doesnt work out for me due to me being picky and everyone wanting double what their item is worth... that is neither here nor there.

my point is, when you are scanning the ads and you run across some guy that has an ad for exactly what you want... you go to click it and its TRADE ONLY. i, as a cash buyer, do not want to see these ads in the same section. its frustrating to find what you want, only to have the guy tell you more or less to take a hike on buying it.

so i support trading 100%... it just needs to be separated from the for SALE (<--- key word there) section.

just for the record I'm not arguing with you at all, I'm just debating the idea, so here goes.

Right now we have three main forums for firearms, handguns, long guns, and accessories.

With your idea, that would have to double, handguns for sale, handguns for trade, long guns for sale, long guns for trade, accessories for sale, accessories for trade.

So for someone to browse everything it isn't just one extra click, its three. And I know that doesn't sound like much, but when you are constantly checking all the listings throughout the day that can add quite a bit if browsing time.

Then you also have folks who want to trade or sell, so they would have to keep an eye on two threads instead of one, and it would show up twice in the what's new area.

And I have to ask, if you were looking for a glock 26 for sell and you noticed one for trade, would you not click the ad? And you said extra forums would just add one click, aren't you essentially complaining about one click now? You click the ad, see its for trade, and go back.

Is it really worth all these extra forums and listings for you to know 3 seconds earlier that a gun is only for trade?

just for the record I'm not arguing with you at all, I'm just debating the idea, so here goes.

Right now we have three main forums for firearms, handguns, long guns, and accessories.

With your idea, that would have to double, handguns for sale, handguns for trade, long guns for sale, long guns for trade, accessories for sale, accessories for trade.

So for someone to browse everything it isn't just one extra click, its three. And I know that doesn't sound like much, but when you are constantly checking all the listings throughout the day that can add quite a bit if browsing time.

Then you also have folks who want to trade or sell, so they would have to keep an eye on two threads instead of one, and it would show up twice in the what's new area.

And I have to ask, if you were looking for a glock 26 for sell and you noticed one for trade, would you not click the ad? And you said extra forums would just add one click, aren't you essentially complaining about one click now? You click the ad, see its for trade, and go back.

Is it really worth all these extra forums and listings for you to know 3 seconds earlier that a gun is only for trade?

sorry it took so long to respond, i dont check back here often(the trade thing is really annoying, and i dont like using the site much)

yes, it is. the search feature on this site is HORRIBLE. searching is a major PITA and you can't break it down by forums(unless i am doing it wrong).

you dont need 3 sections for trades, that is not looking at the entire picture. i know you dont want to hear this, but look at ar15.com. their classifieds/"EE" section is one of the best on the internet, PERIOD. they have a for SALE section, which forces buyers to sell their items only. this does NOT mean that they cant also accept trades, all it means is that it MUST have a price. they have a trade only section to for all types of firearms. this works out great, because you can take the tons of "TRADE ONLY" posts and they have their own section.

you guys saying all this "no gun money", and "my wife will take it" need to stop with the excuses. its beyond ridiculous to make others/the website suffer because you dont have a sack and can't stand up to your wife/SO.

i had a nice conversation today at the gun show with 5 different people about this site. all 5 of them agreed that the trade only stuff is frustrating and annoying. i dont see why you are so obstinate to a FIREARMS FOR TRADE(not each type) section. force these mouth breathers who only want to trade to either post a cash price, or go to the trade section. its not fair for those of us who do have money(or scrounge up from the sale of something else, or whatever broke and peasant story you want to play on) to have to wade through 15 ads of trade only foolishness.

for the life of me i dont understand why it can't be done. you have 500 subforums/different forums already, and there is even a freaking COOKING RECIPE sub section being floated at the top of the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IN THE HECK IS THIS EVEN UP FOR CONSIDERATION YET YOU SHOOT DOWN A TRADE ONLY SECTION LIKE ITS A HOOKER WITH AIDS????????

and no, i would NOT click the ad if i was looking for any firearm and it has the word trade in it unless its after the word "FOR SALE". Your thought process on this is severely flawed and lacks common sense. i think you would see an increase in membership if you had a trade section. currently, i dont(and wont) tell people to use this site. the trade issue is why. it was not like this on georgia gun trader, and we(I) was pretty much forced to come here with no real options left to use for georgia "trading".

why dont you test it out? put it up for a trial period. if it doesnt work take it down and you can permanently ban my IP address from this site. How does that sound?

Last edited:
sorry it took so long to respond, i dont check back here often(the trade thing is really annoying, and i dont like using the site much)

yes, it is. the search feature on this site is HORRIBLE. searching is a major PITA and you can't break it down by forums(unless i am doing it wrong).

you dont need 3 sections for trades, that is not looking at the entire picture. i know you dont want to hear this, but look at ar15.com. their classifieds/"EE" section is one of the best on the internet, PERIOD. they have a for SALE section, which forces buyers to sell their items only. this does NOT mean that they cant also accept trades, all it means is that it MUST have a price. they have a trade only section to for all types of firearms. this works out great, because you can take the tons of "TRADE ONLY" posts and they have their own section.

you guys saying all this "no gun money", and "my wife will take it" need to stop with the excuses. its beyond ridiculous to make others/the website suffer because you dont have a sack and can't stand up to your wife/SO.

i had a nice conversation today at the gun show with 5 different people about this site. all 5 of them agreed that the trade only stuff is frustrating and annoying. i dont see why you are so obstinate to a FIREARMS FOR TRADE(not each type) section. force these mouth breathers who only want to trade to either post a cash price, or go to the trade section. its not fair for those of us who do have money(or scrounge up from the sale of something else, or whatever broke and peasant story you want to play on) to have to wade through 15 ads of trade only foolishness.

for the life of me i dont understand why it can't be done. you have 500 subforums/different forums already, and there is even a freaking COOKING RECIPE sub section being floated at the top of the page!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY IN THE HECK IS THIS EVEN UP FOR CONSIDERATION YET YOU SHOOT DOWN A TRADE ONLY SECTION LIKE ITS A HOOKER WITH AIDS????????

and no, i would NOT click the ad if i was looking for any firearm and it has the word trade in it unless its after the word "FOR SALE". Your thought process on this is severely flawed and lacks common sense. i think you would see an increase in membership if you had a trade section. currently, i dont(and wont) tell people to use this site. the trade issue is why. it was not like this on georgia gun trader, and we(I) was pretty much forced to come here with no real options left to use for georgia "trading".

so you think coming back months after the last post in this thread, insulting members and the site is going to make steve change they way the site is? if you dont like it there are plenty of other sites to trade and sell guns in georgia....oh wait there isnt.

Please guys, lets keep this civil.

I have an EEG in the morning for my brain and am not allowed to sleep tonight. The only thing I have to do tonight is put on my moderating boots and wade in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom