• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How bout a "non gun friendly business" place

I think Taco-Mac doesn't allow you to carry because they are considered a bar. They aren't like a Chili's bar & grill. Taco-Mac's main revenue source is alcohol.

I'm curious how stores can enforce "rules" that are contrary to "laws"? How can Publix tell me that I can't carry in their store? They aren't a government entity, bar, or any other location that is prohibited by law. How can they make their own "laws"? Just curious...

I guess I should clarify that the two paragraphs are two separate lines of thought. The first, pertaining to Taco-Mac, was an attepmt to explain why I think Taco-Mac doesn't allow guns. It is because they are considered a bar (or so I've been told) because their primary revenue is alcohol. As you all know, it is illegal to carry in a bar.

The second line is a totally different thought. I was asking why "other stores" (like Publix) can make their own rules disallowing carrying of firearms. I understand the idea of "it's our property, so we get to make the rules". But it still doesn't make sense to me that they would be able to make rules that are directly contrary to the laws as they pertain to carrying. But I guess I will do as many of you do - if I'm not allowed to carry in your store to protect myself and others in a worst-case scenario, then I will take my business elsewhere. I will also pray that you never find yourself wishing that one of your customers had a gun to help stop a robbery/murder/shooting spree from happening on your property....

I don't know why everyone has these issues....no one but me ever knows I have one and if I ever HAD to use it to protect life, I doubt that the sign would be much of an issue..provided of course that I was prudent in the implementation of the weapon.
Robbery...it is very unlikely that I would pull a weapon in a store full of people to attempt to prevent a robbery..it is foolish to endanger life to protect money...insurance protects money.
I will only employ deadly force to protect life and when I do, I won't be the only person in the place that believes life was in jeopardy.

Last edited:
I think Taco-Mac doesn't allow you to carry because they are considered a bar. They aren't like a Chili's bar & grill. Taco-Mac's main revenue source is alcohol.

I'm curious how stores can enforce "rules" that are contrary to "laws"? How can Publix tell me that I can't carry in their store? They aren't a government entity, bar, or any other location that is prohibited by law. How can they make their own "laws"? Just curious...

Funny little thing called the Constitution gives us all these things called private property rights.

concealed is concealed. I totaly agree with Badger on this. I would not try and stop a robbery. Would not even allow that I had a weapon until life was in danger then all bets are off. Daddy is gonna make sure I go home to mommy and the kids.

I open carry in Publix all the time, I have never had a word said to me by any employee's, now other customers.........

Ikea, Franklin's Gun Shop in Athens GA (I know weird but their is a "no loaded firearm" sign on the door), Toys-R-Us, 7-11, and Publix.

I carry everywhere...up yours. More than likely you will lose my business rather than me break your "rule" though.

Is there a sign for Publix? I had no idea. I open carried there the other night, but I had a shirt and tie on....

concealed is concealed. I totaly agree with Badger on this. I would not try and stop a robbery. Would not even allow that I had a weapon until life was in danger then all bets are off. Daddy is gonna make sure I go home to mommy and the kids.

^^^ x2 ^^^
BTW, I'll be happy to leave the premises after protecting a life, if asked... :whistle:

Back
Top Bottom