• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How bout a "non gun friendly business" place

My friend was asked to cover his open carried weapon at Publix not too long ago. The manager was the one who asked him. He didn't have a problem with him concealing it, but he didn't want the customers to see it open carried. Like mentioned, it is private property and could probably vary from store to store.

Gun stores, pawn shops etc that deal in guns generally ban loaded weapons from being brought in for the safety of staff and customers.
Once I was in the station and a lady came in asking to speak to an officer..I went out front to help her, she says I have a problem with my gun and need help to fix it and proceeded to remove a FULLY COCKED AND LOADED colt det. spec. whic I immediately grabbed away from her and spent the next 30 minutes in a one on one safety class.
Another occassion, I was in a friend's gun shop, he I and another friend were standine at the counter talking..a guy comes in with a 12 ga ithaca pump, says this slide is givimg me a pro., sometimes doesn't goall the way forward..fortunately has the muzzle in a "high port" position, pushes the slide forward and blows a hole in the ceiling with 00buck.
I have also been in gun stores/ pawn shops numerous times when weapons were brought in to pawn or trade , pulled from the holster or case and laid on the counter fully loaded.
That' why you see it in the guns shops, more than any other reason.

Perfect of Examples of the benefits!!
Problem is when the hoodlums catch on to this and start robbing patrons as they enter and exit...you wait and see its coming.Mark my word.

Gun stores, pawn shops etc that deal in guns generally ban loaded weapons from being brought in for the safety of staff and customers.
Once I was in the station and a lady came in asking to speak to an officer..I went out front to help her, she says I have a problem with my gun and need help to fix it and proceeded to remove a FULLY COCKED AND LOADED colt det. spec. whic I immediately grabbed away from her and spent the next 30 minutes in a one on one safety class.
Another occassion, I was in a friend's gun shop, he I and another friend were standine at the counter talking..a guy comes in with a 12 ga ithaca pump, says this slide is givimg me a pro., sometimes doesn't goall the way forward..fortunately has the muzzle in a "high port" position, pushes the slide forward and blows a hole in the ceiling with 00buck.
I have also been in gun stores/ pawn shops numerous times when weapons were brought in to pawn or trade , pulled from the holster or case and laid on the counter fully loaded.
That' why you see it in the guns shops, more than any other reason.

A friend of mine has a boutique in the Flea Market on the corner of FRANkLIN RD & S.Marietta PKWY... Sign on the door says "No Concealed weapons". If you know that area,You know you would never need a weapon over there.:rolleyes:

Strange to hear about Publix, I worked there through half of high school and most of college and never heard anything about no carry rules unless you were an associate which did tick me off. I even remember the phrasing in the handbook "obviously, weapons and the work place do not mix". My position involved handling a lot of cash, working with the armored guards and even helping change out the ATM cash. Our guards were a complete joke too, one of them would even talk on his cellphone while we're standing there with $20-30k in cash in front of everyone. But as far as customers, we were never told it was against the rules or anything like that.

I believe Waffle House is against carry. Of course so are any of the Simon malls (Mall of Georgia, Discover Mills).

Most gun shops I've ever been in with the exception of Bullseye have no carry rules. I used to think this was really stupid, until I was in Davids one day and a guy walks in, starts drawing from concealed, while saying "I want to find a better holster for this". He manages to sweep me and another guy with the gun at the same time. So I can at least see both sides of the argument now, its a little different when people think its ok to draw a loaded gun in your store.

My understanding is its not illegal to carry in these places anyways, the signs have no legal backing. But if you are "made" then asked to leave and refuse then it is trespassing which of course is a crime. But I heard this on the internet, so take that for what you will.

I was a District Manager for Waffle house several years back. I never told anyone to leave with a pistol. At night I also had one concealed on me. I also worked for Applebees in Mgmt. and used to BS with people carrying. I almost always carried here concealed of course. There actual handbook says you can't even have one in the parking lot.lol I emailed a very through email to corporate HR about this, with no response. Carrrying large amounts of money at night and being around drunks...your damn right i am carrying. I could care less what they thought. I even had to protect my female boss from a steroid crazed nut one night she was scared to death and no idea what to do. This guy was waiting on us in the parking lot to get off after I threw him out hours earlier. She said "What are we going to do ,I'm calling the police and hope they hurry". and I said "I know what I'm doing" and went and got the Beretta out of the car and was very visible as I put it on my side. this was my first weekend on the job. I carried almost always after that.

Last edited:
A friend of mine has a boutique in the Flea Market on the corner of FRANkLIN RD & S.Marietta PKWY... Sign on the door says "No Concealed weapons". If you know that area,You know you would never need a weapon over there.:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA, and its great for cheap apartments.

My rule when traveling Franklin Rd, if my car is at a stop, my hand is on my pistol.

I think someone really needs to walk into the.......... I better shut up... if I say anymore, they'll put me away for a very long time!

Back
Top Bottom