• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how can i recieve an infraction for an add that was edited to correct the problem!

Who's right, ODT Staff or jamesthemechanic? (Please read the first 15 posts before vo

• ODT Staff!

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • jamesthemechanic!

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • TNT knows drama!

Votes: 18 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To me posting a absurdly high price is you trying to get around the no auction rule. By not setting a realistic price you are trying to get offers for what people will pay.

I'm with the MODS on this one. And you say you can ask what ever price you want but OS can make whatever rules or changes he wants also.

Grown men on this site eh? Hmph!

Some people are idiots and will price a Glock at $700 or a High Point at $400 and even though we think it's rediculous they sincerely think they have an item valued fairly. That's thier idiocy and their right. But as has been stated ad naseum this is NOT an auction site. Therefore putting some idiotic million dollar price is NOT a serious attempt to sell but a serious attempt to circumvent the rules. Since I became a mod I have seen so many supposedly grown, rational men try so hard to get over and around simple, relaxed rules in so many ways it's pathetic. Reverse auctions, million dollar "OBO" listings, "what ya got", "Make offer" and my favorite "Get this gun for a dollar when you buy my $999 holster". Sheesh! Get over it.

If you are listing something with a floating price like silver maybe you could try something like "spot" or "Spot plus 10%". Maybe even cleverly post a link to Coinflation or some such:

http://www.coinflation.com/coins/silver_coin_calculator.html

As for the negative price comments, it looks like they were all deleted so THAT rule WAS enforced too. You are just whining because you want to be able to list anything any way you feel like. Well you can't. Period. Get used to it. You want to write an ad in any way you feel like? Pay for a classified in the paper. You want to list something here for free? FOLLOW THE RULES.

Let's go with jamesthemechanic!'s interpretation of what a "price" is and next week every ad can read "Price: $1,000,000 obro"

Because that was the intent of the rule requiring a price.... err... how about no?

was this the ad that said only posting for a day and best offer gets it?? or am i thinking of a different ad?

Here's what I see, the OP was originally wrong for posting an item without a price or trade interest. He was corrected by a mod and decided to be a smartass (at least that's the way it seems) and posted a million dollar price. Then when he got called out on it, decided to cry about it. Now when he posted the million dollar price, he didn't actually break any official rule. But he did break the P.O.P rule (pissing off the police lol). So I'm gonna award this case to the plaintiffs, Okuma Steve and the mods. To the defendant, please refer to the poll for sentencing.

There's the LETTER of the law and then there's the INTENT of the Law.

Lets be realistic, civil and just treat each other with the same level of respect and dignity and conduct ourselves with honesty and integrity. Then, there would be no reason for OS to create all these rules and for the Mods to have to police the forums.

Here's what I see, the OP was originally wrong for posting an item without a price or trade interest. He was corrected by a mod and decided to be a smartass (at least that's the way it seems) and posted a million dollar price. Then when he got called out on it, decided to cry about it. Now when he posted the million dollar price, he didn't actually break any official rule. But he did break the P.O.P rule (pissing off the police lol). So I'm gonna award this case to the plaintiffs, Okuma Steve and the mods. To the defendant, please refer to the poll for sentencing.

This is what I think, also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom