• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

how can i recieve an infraction for an add that was edited to correct the problem!

Who's right, ODT Staff or jamesthemechanic? (Please read the first 15 posts before vo

• ODT Staff!

Votes: 96 72.7%
  • jamesthemechanic!

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • TNT knows drama!

Votes: 18 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he (James) realizes the price was a problem, he corrected it, but what he's upset with is the infraction applied afterwards, I can understand his feelings somewhat.

Last edited:
I agree with James. He fixed it, did not break the rules, and then his ad was pulled. It is OS sight, and he is free to change the rules anytime. But following the rules and still getting penalized is not

I think the price bashing in other people's threads is more of an issue than some guy posting an unrealistic price. Let the market decide. If his price is unrealistic then one of two things will happen:
1. People think it is unrealistic and move along to buy someone else's junk.
or
2. Someone wants his item and offers a more realistic or lowball price, they negotiate and the seller can accept or reject an offer.

Setting rules on prices that can be posted takes out the free market aspect of deals and is a major reason why I avoid most gun shows nowadays. Any move to regulate a seller's price is a move toward price fixing, which is a horrible idea.

jamesthemechanic: please try to find some validation of your existence outside of the internet.
There forum, their rules. It does not even have to be fair. That's real life!
Grow up and/or go somewhere else.
If it was my forum, airing this crap would be enough to get you kicked off.

i need no validation of my existance , just dont want to be told what i can ask for any ANY item i sell ,or offer regaurdless of how high or low, i wasnt trying to be a smart-ss i was only trying to get the best price for my items per negociating i started high, and got what was fair and i followed the rules , do you want to be told how much your item is before you are allowed to sell .? , everyone is losing sight of the issue here i posted without a price was confronted , then edited to correct , and then was pulled because they didnt like my price simple and plain as that ,the infraction is a result of a bogus charge which wouldnt have been there if the rules set forth was followed ,which my corrected add was in line with. as for kicking me off we all seen how well the other site did when they became big brother!!!!

i need no validation of my existance , just dont want to be told what i can ask for any ANY item i sell ,or offer regaurdless of how high or low, i wasnt trying to be a smart-ss i was only trying to get the best price for my items per negociating i started high, and got what was fair and i followed the rules , do you want to be told how much your item is before you are allowed to sell .? , everyone is losing sight of the issue here i posted without a price was confronted , then edited to correct , and then was pulled because they didnt like my price simple and plain as that ,the infraction is a result of a bogus charge which wouldnt have been there if the rules set forth was followed ,which my corrected add was in line with. as for kicking me off we all seen how well the other site did when they became big brother!!!!

I might even be on your side if I could figure out what the hell you were trying to type.

Your spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure sucks.

Also, that "other site" is doing just fine.

I think the price bashing in other people's threads is more of an issue than some guy posting an unrealistic price. Let the market decide. If his price is unrealistic then one of two things will happen:
1. People think it is unrealistic and move along to buy someone else's junk.
or
2. Someone wants his item and offers a more realistic or lowball price, they negotiate and the seller can accept or reject an offer.

Setting rules on prices that can be posted takes out the free market aspect of deals and is a major reason why I avoid most gun shows nowadays. Any move to regulate a seller's price is a move toward price fixing, which is a horrible idea.

OK. Tell me that you HONESTLY think this has ANYTHING to do wqith "price fixing". Tell me that any reasonable, semi-intelligent person thinks that putting a million dollar "price" on nine 1964 Kennedy halves with a spot value of $100.56 is ANYTHING but a smartass comeback to being corrected for not posting a price to begin with. Tell me you believe that....I dare you.

You have no idea how many times we see the same thing from children throwing temper tantrums at having been told that they have to post some price or trade interest. It's so childish and petty that it's really hard to understand how a grown man can act that way without being ashamed to even show his face.

As for the price comments the first comment was "This is not ebay!" which considering his posted "price" in his original post was "offers today and tommorrow only", seems to me to be more of an accurate comment than a "negative price comment". Personally, I wouldn't have even deleted the ebay comment since it wasn't a price comment but a rules reminder.

You make a site, pay to maintain it, then you can make your own rules. Does this not seem like huge waste of time on your behalf? Sometime you just have to suck it up and be an adult.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom