how do parents stand childrens shows

after looking through a chest of old toys that has been in the attic since i was 6-10 years old(long time ago) i have realized the **** i made my parents watch as i hogged the tv as a child. the shows that children watch are dumb as a sack of rocks, beetleborgs(oh the cheese), beast wars, Mystic Knights of Tir Na Nog (a black male who was knight in ancient Ireland... really), power rangers, beast wars, vg rangers.

i can just imagine the look on their faces and how they felt as they were forced to watch beetle Borgs and buy crappy toys made in china that looked so ridiculous.

so to all parents out there, you are very brave and tolerating to be able to watch these shows with your children and shell out money for their merchandise without insulting the franchises. how do you do it, i am watching some on netflix and i am mst3king the crap out of it
My kid so far mostly watches Timmy Time, Shawn the Sheep and Wallace and Gromit very tolerable for grownups, Im hoping he will go from there into something like Sponge Bob, what is there not to like about Sponge Bod :)
About that show with the Black Male Irish knight it may not be as far fetched as you think even viking tales that predate knights of the English Isles have mentions of black lords, all that racism stuff started much later.

Those crazy ass Bunny's man that show trips me out. They should a guy with the runs and no toilet paper and then wiped his ass with one of the Bunny's. Insane cartoons these days. Lol

My son is 10 and thankfully was never into more than one show at a time. There were only 2 I refused to let him watch (Teletubbies and Yo Gabba Gabba).
Now, classic looney tunes is the only 'kid show' he watches. His other two favorites are Fifth Gear (car show on Velocity) and American Ninja Warrior. I can tolerate all three.
I've done a lot of 'stupid' things as a parent I'd have never done before. Wouldn't have missed any of it for the world...

I wondered how much fun it would be to use that purple dino (barney) for target practice. Took him to the range, hung him up, and blasted the **** out of him..........felt better

Luckily my son watches college football during the season, and the Auburn 2010 season on disc when it isn't football season.

I'm actually trying to wean him off of the Xbox some. It's only about 20-30 minutes a day, but I still feel guilty. But I like having a partner for Multiplayer games, lol

Simple. We have no TV. Nothing but crapola on there anyway....even if there are a few good shows that adults can watch, a) Like I really have the time to park my butt on a couch for an hour a day... and b) not worth paying $80+ a month for TV. I grew up without TV, and I see the zombie minds of people who stay glued to that thing, so I figure my daughter will be all the much better for exercising her mind to do fun and creative things instead of watching SpongeBob.

i have basic free tv now, no cable at all. the most i watch is the news during dinner.

Back
Top Bottom