How do u handle the meat?

• Field to freezer

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • Skin and quarter then let someone else process and package

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Field dress and straight to processer

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
"Cheating"?...I don't consider it cheating at all...Whatever works for you. I'm sure most of us, myself included wish we had it so easy. The only reason I quarter my deer and put them in a cooler is because my processor is getting older and doesn't want to skin them out anymore. He will only take them if they are quartered up and placed in a cooler. I do not wish to use another processor so I bring my deer to him in a cooler. If I could drive up, throw him in the truck and deliver as is, I would.
Skinning was the least of our worries at my dad's camp. They had a trick that involved a golf ball and a come-along that got the skin off in under 30 seconds. Well a minute or two of whittling to set it up, but still... I haven't figured out how to do that in the middle of the woods though.

Skinning was the least of our worries at my dad's camp. They had a trick that involved a golf ball and a come-along that got the skin off in under 30 seconds. Well a minute or two of whittling to set it up, but still... I haven't figured out how to do that in the middle of the woods though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom