How do u handle the meat?

• Field to freezer

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • Skin and quarter then let someone else process and package

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • Field dress and straight to processer

Votes: 25 45.5%

• Total voters
We have a walk in cooler at my club also. They are nice to have. I usually field dress, hang 'em up, skin and quarter and then put them in a cooler with ice. I have the best processor in the world. He is a first rate butcher. He is also one hell of a cook. His hot sausage is the best. He is better than I am or I would probably process the deer meat myself.

Can't wait for deer season!

All of the above. It depends on what day and time I get it. If early, will skin and quarter and then let butcher have. I am not that talented to cut and make cube steak and sausage. If its late just gut and go.

Now? None of your options. I shoot it, drive truck to within feet of where it's shot, load it whole (no field dressing) in the truck and then drive down the road to the processor (Dormineys) who I'm VERY happy with. Most of the time I get it there withing minutes of it walking. Yeah it's "cheating", I don't care. :cool:

Now? None of your options. I shoot it, drive truck to within feet of where it's shot, load it whole (no field dressing) in the truck and then drive down the road to the processor (Dormineys) who I'm VERY happy with. Most of the time I get it there withing minutes of it walking. Yeah it's "cheating", I don't care. :cool:

"Cheating"?...I don't consider it cheating at all...Whatever works for you. I'm sure most of us, myself included wish we had it so easy. The only reason I quarter my deer and put them in a cooler is because my processor is getting older and doesn't want to skin them out anymore. He will only take them if they are quartered up and placed in a cooler. I do not wish to use another processor so I bring my deer to him in a cooler. If I could drive up, throw him in the truck and deliver as is, I would.

Back
Top Bottom