• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How do you know if it's good deal?

I tumble. It's a pain to get it out of flash holes and doesn't do much for the primer pockets. Ultrasonic will clean it really well but you have to figure out how to dry the cases. I use compressed air to blow most of the water out when I anneal cases then let them sit in the sun for a while. The current consensus is to rotary tumble with stainless media. Expensive setup but it makes your brass look new even if it's been sitting on the range for a year.

We use both, yes the media of both gets into the primer pocket hole and has to removed as well as dry media. Just a job that has to be done manually.

Nature of reloading........

Could I deprime and then clean the brass using a tumbler? That way it clean the pocket hole. Wouldn't the tumbler just clean the outside?

Oh - and just so you know, reloading won't save you money. You just spend a crap load on supplies and shoot a hell of a lot more. Per round, it does wind up being cheaper in the long run. However, you will shoot more, and constantly be testing new loads. I have only been reloading for a short time and already I am shooting to support my reloading habit.

Oh - and just so you know, reloading won't save you money. You just spend a crap load on supplies and shoot a hell of a lot more. Per round, it does wind up being cheaper in the long run. However, you will shoot more, and constantly be testing new loads. I have only been reloading for a short time and already I am shooting to support my reloading habit.

Exactly as its gone for me...

Well if I can reload to pay for the reloading supplies, I'm happy. I guess if I load 5k, I should make my money's worth!

Back
Top Bottom