• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How do you store gas?

DDC65B1D-0A8B-45ED-9823-6B47E4CB62BC.png

Gas caddy

They’re more expensive than cheap plastic gas cans, but very easy to use.
At least get one, holding 25-30 gal., and use some other containers for the rest.

My two cents......get an aluminium tank that is DOT Certified for Gas, Diesel, Methanol, Kerosene, Aviation fuel and other liquids......they are not cheap, but they are sweet......we used to install then in the back of our truck to carry fuel to keep all our jobsite equipment going. Got them from Ellsworth Company in Wisconsin. Wish I knew more, but that is what we used....

Edit: We used Marvel.....if I remember correctly, we could use it for gas, diesel, 2 cycle and I seem to remember they said you could use it as gun lube.....nope never tried that claim.

I'm wanting to keep about 50 gallons of gasoline on hand for the what if scenario. I've read on how to use Sta-bil so that doesn't have me worried. My biggest problem so far is WHAT do I keep the gasoline in. I hate the cheap little plastic cans, and all the new metal cans have reviews saying they're falling apart, leaking, or you cant pour out of them. So what do you use or recommend?
I like the steel NATO cans. Self venting while pouring and they do NOT leak! Best quality and price I've found is from here:

http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/GJC20K4

If you get some, buy a few spouts. They have mounting hardware to mount them to the can's carry handle.

These are nothing like the old GI Jerry cans with the screw-on lid & spout. These don't drip and I've actually carried fuel inside my truck with no odor (short distances).

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm wanting to keep about 50 gallons of gasoline on hand for the what if scenario. I've read on how to use Sta-bil so that doesn't have me worried. My biggest problem so far is WHAT do I keep the gasoline in. I hate the cheap little plastic cans, and all the new metal cans have reviews saying they're falling apart, leaking, or you cant pour out of them. So what do you use or recommend?

I bought some of the 5 gal. plastic cans that Sam's Club sells and keep non-ethanol regular gas mixed with Sta-Bil. I started doing it initially for emergency fuel for the car but now just use it for the mowers and tiller. Lifting and pouring from a 5 gallon can either plastic or metal into a small fuel tank is always a challenge. Sta-Bil is good for two years but I use them up within a year's time.

I have got harbor frieght jerry cans, what are yalls thoughts on how they hold up over time. How long can I keep untreated unleaded has in them? I have some gas in them that is a couple months old, and due to my psycho wife getting to them has been really low on my priority list. Thanks for any tips

Back
Top Bottom