• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How does a Hunter ensure that what they hunt is killed and not wounded?

Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if already posted. A sad trend of late is hunters starting out hunting big game right from the jump. Traditionally , most hunters got their start hunting small game like rabbits and squirrels with a 22. This built several good habits such as woodsmanship, marksmanship, spotting, stalking, and butchering game, etc. If you can head shot a jittery gray squirrel, then dropping a deer shouldn't be much of a problem. Good luck, whatever you decide.

Haven't read the whole thread so sorry if already posted. A sad trend of late is hunters starting out hunting big game right from the jump. Traditionally , most hunters got their start hunting small game like rabbits and squirrels with a 22. This built several good habits such as woodsmanship, marksmanship, spotting, stalking, and butchering game, etc. If you can head shot a jittery gray squirrel, then dropping a deer shouldn't be much of a problem. Good luck, whatever you decide.
I started with an air rifle around the house when I was a kid

I prefer to wound everything before I kill it. Torture and undue suffering for the win.

"This is the way." The Mandalorian

I once shot a squirrel 32 times with a Daisy red rider BB gun. Squirrel just didn't want to die.

Back
Top Bottom