• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How does a Hunter ensure that what they hunt is killed and not wounded?

One thing to consider. If you have a family like mine who love to pull pranks that should be punished by jail time it’s always good advice to lock up and secure your firearm anytime it’s not in your hands. My gun mysteriously shot about 2 feet left and about 2 feet low during rifle season for 2 years in a row. After missing a deer 5 times the 2nd year I stood at the table after Thanksgiving dinner and told the story of my misfortune earlier in the day and started looking at every nephew, brother, brother in law and my uncle. It didn’t take long for one of the nephews to look at his food, scratch his ear and shift his weight. Bingo! I went and stood behind him and slowly started to laugh. He knew he was busted. I told him to be prepared because I would get even. About 45 days ago this same nephew had signed up on about 20 of the largest XXX, S&M and other similar web sites using both his mom and dad’s email addresses. He also gave them permission to mail every catalog and flier they sent out. My brother said he was getting about 100 emails a day and some raunchy crap in the mail box and that his wife who is a school teacher was receiving the same. The mail out flyers with 2 foot dildos on the front in her school mailbox about sent her into orbit. He doesn’t know it but when he comes home for Christmas break from college everything in his house will be boxed up and put in a storage container at my sisters ranch by the good folks at 2 Guys and A Truck Moving.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Elbow shots are the only way. Normally I take a AR with a drum mag and just mag dump until whatever I’m hunting stops moving. Always great when you get to unbury them from your bait pile and take pictures of your kill for everyone to see.

How bored can someone be to make an account just to troll :lol:
Hell maybe you were right.

Well. That's your opinion.

How is that an opinion. It’s a fact that store bought animals have way more additives such as antibiotics, steroids, and whatever additives are in their feed. They are literally alive for 2 years with the end state of getting them as fat as possible as quickly as possible. You don’t do that free ranging in the forest.

The thing to remember about birds and small game is you're shooting for the head. I see an awful lot of doves pillow cased from behind that keep on flying. There isn't much a good pattern of #7.5s won't kill if centered on the head. Ignore the body. Look for a clear focus on the eye and put the pattern there. Works for everything.

For your 308 and deer watch this and pay attention to the whole thing. She's a stone cold killer.

Back
Top Bottom