• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How good can you get with dry fire and 50 rds a month?

A bad guy took on the Houston, TX police with a shotgun in December of 2021.
He hit nothing.
He caught one of the soon-incoming rounds in his gut and lost the gunfight.

QUOTE: Limon drove back to the scene of the disturbance, exited his vehicle armed with a shotgun and fired several rounds at the officers. Fearing for their lives, Officers Casarez, Garcia and Gil returned fire and Limon was struck. Houston Fire Department paramedics responded to the scene and transported Limon to the hospital.

I am a college student so I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a week on ammo and range days, but I have access to a good private outdoor shooting spot. I train 15-20 min of dry fire a day, I use the iTarget training system, a blowback airsoft gun, and lots of empty clicking XD. I also do about 50-70 rds of drills at the range per month, mostly recoil management, flinch, and trigger control. I'd say I am at a decent skill level, but do you think I need more?

Any suggestions on further training methods that save money?

I learned everything I train from Youtubing Trex Arms and Warrior Poet Society, plus John Lovells classes on the WPSN app.
With that kind of regular practice, pretty damn good is my bet!

I am a college student so I can't afford to spend hundreds of dollars a week on ammo and range days, but I have access to a good private outdoor shooting spot. I train 15-20 min of dry fire a day, I use the iTarget training system, a blowback airsoft gun, and lots of empty clicking XD. I also do about 50-70 rds of drills at the range per month, mostly recoil management, flinch, and trigger control. I'd say I am at a decent skill level, but do you think I need more?

Any suggestions on further training methods that save money?

I learned everything I train from Youtubing Trex Arms and Warrior Poet Society, plus John Lovells classes on the WPSN app.

Good stuff…So ya use an xd pistol? Or what is your main pistol?

Back
Top Bottom