How hard is it to convert a saiga?

I had a guy weld the extra holes in mine and refinished it . Otherwise the extra pins in the back are decorative . I did a Saiga 12 . I also shortened and rethreaded the barrel

20161022_091109.jpg
Do optics mounted to the dust cover hold zero? Seems like the dust cover moves around too much.
No they don't. They are not stable at all. There is an after-market company that makes a dust cover that can be cranked down and has a rail on it that is supposed to be decent. No experience with it so I can't say how well it works. The side mounted receiver optic mount works very well on mine. Top in picture.

Dust cover optics are a bad idea. Use an optics mount attached to the factory side rail. This is what it is for.

Weld up the extra holes if you wish, but 1/4" Hillman hole plugs from Lowe's work great and look much like metal rivets. Your choice.

View attachment 1028270
No they don't. They are not stable at all. There is an after-market company that makes a dust cover that can be cranked down and has a rail on it that is supposed to be decent. No experience with it so I can't say how well it works. The side mounted receiver optic mount works very well on mine. Top in picture.

This is good info as I get my optics set up. Definitely going the side mount option.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom