• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How hard is it to convert a saiga?

I have done 6 or 7. Really not that hard. Do your research. Take your time. Get the right parts. Go slowly, step by step.

Here is one in .223:

DSCF1696.JPG

Maybe just do a trigger group (tapco G2), pistol grip and butt stock on your first, Use US parts for these and you will be 922r compliant.

I have done 6 or 7. Really not that hard. Do your research. Take your time. Get the right parts. Go slowly, step by step.

Here is one in .223:

View attachment 1027942

That's a beautiful job. I had a Saiga unconverted, and wanted to learn by doing it. Bought a set of beautiful Russian wood for it. Then decided against doing it, traded the Saiga, and now have the wood to sell. Halfway have thought I might try again later with another Saiga if one comes along for the right price. I pd $175 for the wood from an online store.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Took me a couple hours at most. That long cause it was my first one and I didn't want to screw it up. Having quality drill bits is the key. The rivets that you need to drill out are no joke.

Here's mine
20161121_135119.jpg

If you need a hand, let me know.

Check Carolina Shooters Supply for parts and How To vids.

Just re-read your post. Don't know how different the 12 ga conversion is from the 7.62, but there are plenty of vids. Take your time and you should have no problem. Also, check the Saiga 12 forum.

Back
Top Bottom