• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How i came to be an "ammo flipper"...

Yeah I am positive you pay your taxes. I owned a few emissions booths for a while. Sold them for a hefty profit.

LOL. Certain areas are better than others. Competition is tough in some areas. Luckily I'm in an area that there aren't many.

Luckily GCAF is pretty is easy to deal with.

I didn't want to operate them, not my expertise. Just wanted to flip them.

It's easy to do. Limited headaches. You're not really selling anything. I ran somebody else's business for 15 years and just don't want to answer to anybody.

My intention with this was to have something easy to do till I wanted to stop working. Then I'd get rid of it and go to the farm and die there.

I'll take the simple life all day over the chaos that my 20s and early 30s were.

Georgia State Emissions.

Glad you were able to make the jump from employee to running your own business. Nothing quite like it. So are you charging $14.99 a vehicle?

I'm sorry, I had to laugh. I thought it was pretty funny getting accused of being a homo by someone who sticks their probe in peoples tail pipes all day. lol ;)

It's easy to do. Limited headaches. You're not really selling anything. I ran somebody else's business for 15 years and just don't want to answer to anybody.

My intention with this was to have something easy to do till I wanted to stop working. Then I'd get rid of it and go to the farm and die there.

I'll take the simple life all day over the chaos that my 20s and early 30s were.

I ran someone else's business for 10 minutes and realized that was a joke. I'd take flipping ammo or hot pockets any day of the week.

At least I am not a tailpipe prober boy.

Glad you were able to make the jump from employee to running your own business. Nothing quite like it. So are you charging $14.99 a vehicle?

I'm sorry, I had to laugh. I thought it was pretty funny getting accused of being a homo by someone who sticks their probe in peoples tail pipes all day. lol ;)

That's awesome!!!

Nope, I still have em at $25 because of the area I am In and the fact that I am the only one for miles that accepts CCs. If somebody wants to haggle I'll drop the price depending on some factors. Mostly whether I think the car will fail or repeat customers.

BTW - Obama was right: I didn't build this, I bought an existing spot.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran someone else's business for 10 minutes and realized that was a joke. I'd take flipping ammo or hot pockets any day of the week.

At least I am not a tailpipe prober boy.

Nobody does it better than me buddy!!! :p

I actually liked the company I worked for because the owner treated me like family. Probably would still be there had he not died young.

Last edited:
I just got to this point of the thread. I fortunately am pretty busy most of the time and can't see what's going on all the time. I had been reading a few pages at a time over the past few days, and finally got to a comment that I found pretty hilarious. Sorry if I drug up a dead thread. I hadn't made it far enough to see that it was no longer being responded to.

It's not that old. A mod locked the thread originally, instead of the OP. I brought up the fact that only the OP should be able to close the thread so OS ended up unlocking it. Anyhow, a bit ironic, but it certaily has taken many turns. Entertaining for the most part.

That's awesome!!!

Nope, I still have em at $25 because of the area I am In and the fact that I am the only one for miles that accepts CCs. If somebody wants to haggle I'll drop the price depending on some factors. Mostly whether I think the car will fail or repeat customers.

I actually liked the company I worked for because the owner treated me like family. Probably would still be there had he not died young.

First of all, I am glad that you can get the full price. I would rather make $25 a car than $14.99 a car. There must be a decent amount of competition around here, because I pay $14.99 most of the time. That saves me enough to buy another 100 rds of .223. ;-) (I have 3 vehicles) But really, how can you live with yourself when you are charging almost double what others charge? ;-)

First of all, I am glad that you can get the full price. I would rather make $25 a car than $14.99 a car. There must be a decent amount of competition around here, because I pay $14.99 most of the time. That saves me enough to buy another 100 rds of .223. ;-) (I have 3 vehicles) But really, how can you live with yourself when you are charging almost double what others charge? ;-)

Just call me the "Gouger Extraordinaire"

Back
Top Bottom