• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How in the hell....

Because it's not as lethal nor obviously humane as many people want to think? :noidea:
When using a compound or recurve bow with larger diameter fixed blade broadheads I have only had one deer travel far or live for more than a couple of minutes. That one was the deer I posted about two years ago and discovered that the new arrow shafts I had gotten were brittle and braking on contact.

The problem is that the larger diameter fixed blades will not fit on my crossbow and mechanicals are unreliable in my experience. Working on it. I sure as hell won't shoot another deer with these boadheads.

Holy crap man!
That 8 pointer I got during archery was very similar.
I had to drag him up from an old gold mining hydro ditch up a steep hump about 10’ tall which was terrible then do the leg presses like you
mentioned another 100 yards or so up a semi steep to gradual slope.
I would go about 1’ at a time with my legs digging in and slipping out from underneath me like you said.
I definitely know what it feels like.
Man when it comes to dragging a deer like that it really let’s know what kind of shape you’re in.
Where are your hunt spots located?

Call a buddy next time bro.....
I’m sure any of the guys here would help if asked.

I know one guy that got a
Very large buck
He drove to the nearest cheap motel with other hunters staying there and asked some complete strangers to help him drag his monster out of the woods

Half a dozen guys went to help

When using a compound or recurve bow with larger diameter fixed blade broadheads I have only had one deer travel far or live for more than a couple of minutes. That one was the deer I posted about two years ago and discovered that the new arrow shafts I had gotten were brittle and braking on contact.

The problem is that the larger diameter fixed blades will not fit on my crossbow and mechanicals are unreliable in my experience. Working on it. I sure as hell won't shoot another deer with these boadheads.

Swhackers....can’t go wrong.
Been using them for years with zero failures.
Usually kill 3-4 deer per broadhead before retiring them.

I used the rage blades and thought they sucked immensely.
Stupid design made for failure....which they did twice before I said no more.

Holy crap man!
I had to drag him up from an old gold mining hydro ditch up a steep jump about 10’ tall which was terrible then donthe leg presses like you
I would go about 1’ at a time with my legs digging in and slipping out from underneath me like you said.
Man when it comes to dragging a deer like that it really let’s know what kind of shape you’re in.

Yeah, it definitely is a good way to evaluate your condition. LOL!

The closest hunting buddy I have is over an hour away and was working, so that was not an option. I'm not comfortable calling on strangers for help. I could have gone ahead a field dressed him and/or used the block and tackle the whole way out, but nooooo, I had to be the mighty hunter and just drag that bitch.

I'm paying for it today. Feels like someone beat me with a bat. LOL!

Holy crap man!
I had to drag him up from an old gold mining hydro ditch up a steep hump about 10’ tall which was terrible then do the leg presses like you

I would if it was semi local

I know one guy that got a
Very large buck
He drove to the nearest cheap motel with other hunters staying there and asked some complete strangers to help him drag his monster out of the woods

Half a dozen guys went to help

That’s awesome.....the way it should be.
See hunters know how it is.

F064A5EC-726E-4CB0-A6F5-A322C1C03C7C.png

No.
These new are 2” ones available at wal mart and pretty much
everywhere else unless sold out.

They also come with a red colored practice tip that looks identical but doesent expand.

Back
Top Bottom