• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How in the hell....

ABFBEBF7-87FC-4D32-BE8F-F58AEF9E37A0.jpeg
113B1200-A791-4CF4-877B-31781E01CAC4.jpeg
63345CD8-C877-4297-8D6C-0F227AAE8971.jpeg
Here’s a couple of the exit wounds from these monsters.

The shoulder on that one wirhnthe crossbow in pic was almost severed.
It was flopping around.
When the bolt hit, the deer jumped and when she landed the shoulder just gave way.

Deer are tougher than we think. The buck my buddy shot this morning was hit double lung with a 30/30, walked off about 30 yards and stood there for several more minutes before he shot it again in the neck. When he field dressed it, the lungs were shredded.

Deer are tougher than we think. The buck my buddy shot this morning was hit double lung with a 30/30, walked off about 30 yards and stood there for several more minutes before he shot it again in the neck. When he field dressed it, the lungs were shredded.
Yep. I confirmed that both lungs were passed through when the deer was field dressed. They just weren't a big enough diameter cut to keep bleeding a lot.

New broadheads with a much bigger cut are now set up on my bolts.

Went Bear hunting up here some 10 yrs ago with my 54cal Smoke Pole..A Doe came close and she was huge...I needed to fill the freezer so, I shot her and when the smoke was gone so was the doe..I tracked her for over 300 yrs in thick brush..It was 50 yrds before I had blood, at maybe 150yrds I found a gut pile. This had me wonder where the Doe was, I found the gut pile two hours from the time I shot her. All sorts of thought by then...after another hr I found her, I found the entry point..I flipped her over and there was a bowling ball size hole coming out the other side..Her Cavity was empty and yet she still ran 150 yrds.
That really blew my mind or what's left of it..Yah they are tough agreed.

Went Bear hunting up here some 10 yrs ago with my 54cal Smoke Pole..A Doe came close and she was huge...I needed to fill the freezer so, I shot her and when the smoke was gone so was the doe..I tracked her for over 300 yrs in thick brush..It was 50 yrds before I had blood, at maybe 150yrds I found a gut pile. This had me wonder where the Doe was, I found the gut pile two hours from the time I shot her. All sorts of thought by then...after another hr I found her, I found the entry point..I flipped her over and there was a bowling ball size hole coming out the other side..Her Cavity was empty and yet she still ran 150 yrds.
That really blew my mind or what's left of it..Yah they are tough agreed.
They are tough. That's why I try to use something that's going to give me a good blood trail. I don't mind tracking... as long as there's something to follow.

Swhacker is my fav for crossbows. I was hesitant on using mechanicals with bands but they do work really well.

The last doe I shot with a 2" put a hole in her that I could nearly fit my hand in.

Back
Top Bottom