• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the hunting in Banks county?

How’s the deer population in Banks county?

• It’s worth the time & investment leasing land, planting plots, weekly feeders, & setting up a camp!

• Save $ & join another club in Banks county.

• Get out of Banks County to find deer.

• Tacos...mmm

Results are only viewable after voting.

jdav

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
51   0
Reaction score
Looking at leasing some natural timber property along 441. I don’t mind investing the time, $, & energy if the deer herd is there. Looking for a high potential to put meat in the freezer. Large racks aren’t as big a priority as bigger bodied deer. Possibly turkey, yote, & hog hunt as well.
Cast your vote in the poll.
Thanks

I know nothing about banks cty. But I would look at the harvest report and get a general idea compared to other county's also look at top ten bucks and have a general idea of the genetics.i don't care how much you feed them ,the genetics play a major role.

Look under dnr website will give harvest record and you should be able to pull up top 10 bucks from banks cty and should give you a good idea

mfoster mfoster Where do you get the harvest record & genetics info?
this is what I’ve found looks as if you could have a chance at 140+ looks as if doe population low
6F037B1F-EC2E-4C2A-BBF6-D1C921EB6E7E.png
163527C5-6152-436A-B74B-EE05BF473C58.png
70A400E6-B70F-4C05-AB6B-7CDA75B185EF.png
DC0BF6BB-3F65-4A9F-BF52-51BA65004B0B.png

I live in Banks co not far from 441 and I see deer at least once a week, sometimes daily. Took my first deer last year off my 2nd story back porch with little scouting, no cameras, and while chatting with a friend. I'd say it's a pretty good place to hunt. I hear turkeys and coyotes from time to time. Two days after I shot my deer last fall, a dozen large does ran out in front of my truck and by my mailbox lol.

Wilson Shoals WMA is also nearby.

Back
Top Bottom