• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Be careful which one you choose, the ones with the inserts are not legal for competition
I like the hooded aperture and the skinny front sight. I think those are fine for Modified Garand matches. Riverbend has that as a category on their scorecard when they do the BIG vintage matches a few times a year. I have seen some rat rod garands and they are pretty cool. If you dig modified. .308 falls into that category as well for CMP matches.

I like the hooded aperture and the skinny front sight. I think those are fine for Modified Garand matches. Riverbend has that as a category on their scorecard when they do the BIG vintage matches a few times a year. I have seen some rat rod garands and they are pretty cool. If you dig modified. .308 falls into that category as well for CMP matches.

Yep, the hooded aperature and NM .062 front sight are ok in the modified matches but not for the as-issued events unless a local club allows it for a non-sanctioned event. Avoid the hooded aperatures with the rubber inserts....those modify your field of vision and focus points and are not allowed, at least for now.

Back
Top Bottom