• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

According to the rule taught me many years ago... Any Jap Arisaka that was brought back with a mum NOT defaced was considered a true bring-back and war trophy... If the mum had been defaced or partially or totally ground off... That meant that the weapon was brought home after the surrender... on 02 September 1945... anything that had Hirohito's "symbol or crest" was to be wiped off So he would save "face"... as the powers that be left him in position as Emperor of Japan...
He should have been hung like all the other war criminals...
According to the article they likely also relaxed the requirement later in the occupation.

According to the rule taught me many years ago... Any Jap Arisaka that was brought back with a mum NOT defaced was considered a true bring-back and war trophy... If the mum had been defaced or partially or totally ground off... That meant that the weapon was brought home after the surrender... on 02 September 1945... anything that had Hirohito's "symbol or crest" was to be wiped off So he would save "face"... as the powers that be left him in position as Emperor of Japan...
He should have been hung like all the other war criminals...
The emperor was more of a figurehead than anything else. The real bad guys were generals, as they had all the power. It's been like that over there for a millennia, with Shoguns and war lords really running the game. Hanging the emperor would have resulted in a whole lot of unnecessary bloodshed on both sides. The generals and other war criminals were let off too easily IMO.
The ground mum is roughly equivalent to peened swastikas.

Seriously? WTF? There is a whole world wide web out there without $850 - $1,000 Glock ads clogging up feeds. Even for linking to information?
Im with you, and maybe I misunderstood but I have heard from members on other sites that they got banned here for posting links, there may be more to the story though.

Well, time to see where the market is. I need to free up some $ so I'm thinking of going cold turkey on the C&R side.

I'll post up what they go for, (I'm out of touch with the market), if anyone's interested.

On the block will be
dipped P08, BYF 41, all matching (except mag)
dipped P38 AC 41, horseshoe sear, all matching
Enfield No 2 38 S&W still with a single action hammer, (unusual)
19(18) ? Webley Mk VI in 455
19(16) ? all matching SMLE
19(43) Inglis Hi Power, refinished, think it's factory. (fixed site, not Chinese contract)

Have to dig out the english ones and check the dates.

Hate doing it, but I need to break the addiction !

Back
Top Bottom