• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

I'm pretty sure that's a aftermarket stock, I remember that the folding stocks had to be pinned at one point. I did have a SKS that had a factory plastic stock, but it was set up to take AK mags. But yes, if it's a military rifle, it needs to be all original as possible.

I might be wrong but I think most of the Chinese SKS’s are new manufacture for export by Norinco and not milsurps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but I think most of the Chinese SKS’s are new manufacture for export by Norinco and not milsurps.

Most are not, with the exception of the type 56 carbine. Those were made on Russian tooling for the Chinese army. See 2nd and 3rd from left with blade type bayonet.
20161028_134619.jpg

Most are not, with the exception of the type 56 carbine. Those were made on Russian tooling for the Chinese army. See 2nd and 3rd from left with blade type bayonet.
View attachment 1755275

Looks like you have a spare.. three fiddy?

Would love to have one from the China Vietnam war.

Looks like you have a spare.. three fiddy?
Would love to have one from the China Vietnam war.
Unfortunately it's an old pic and I sold off my quintriplicates and quadruplicates since then :( It's been 3-4 years since I have shot the ones I have left, but maybe I'll haul some out to the next CMP trip.

Unfortunately it's an old pic and I sold off my quintriplicates and quadruplicates since then :( It's been 3-4 years since I have shot the ones I have left, but maybe I'll haul some out to the next CMP trip.

What are Russian SKS'S going for these days? It's getting hard to find a Chinese SKS that hasn't been Bubba Gumped, and ruined for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom