• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How is the milsurp market these days?

Could someone reccomend me a resource for learning about c96 broomhadles? I'm trying to figure out how the price scale works for xyz model

Could someone reccomend me a resource for learning about c96 broomhadles? I'm trying to figure out how the price scale works for xyz model

Here’s some helpful info. You’re welcome to PM me if you have specific questions…

I'd like to hear some opinions on the collectability of carcanos that are currently cheap. Are they a good investment? I'm sure they'll eventually go up in value, but I'm not sure that that increase in value will be any more than other milsurps.
I keep hearing people say that "now is the time to get them while they're cheap". As a shooter, I've never been particularly attracted to them because the ammo is expensive and inaccurate and plus the actions are rough. I've also heard the iron sights were designed around a different sight picture than what we're familiar with on mausers, enfields, and 1903s. Maybe if I was Italian I'd view them differently, but otherwise I view them as the bottom of the rung of surplus.

I'd like to hear some opinions on the collectability of carcanos that are currently cheap. Are they a good investment? I'm sure they'll eventually go up in value, but I'm not sure that that increase in value will be any more than other milsurps.
I keep hearing people say that "now is the time to get them while they're cheap". As a shooter, I've never been particularly attracted to them because the ammo is expensive and inaccurate and plus the actions are rough. I've also heard the iron sights were designed around a different sight picture than what we're familiar with on mausers, enfields, and 1903s. Maybe if I was Italian I'd view them differently, but otherwise I view them as the bottom of the rung of surplus.
They'll eventually go up in value that's true, however, the craftsmanship and easiness of use are not good for them. Even though we have tons of Enfields in circulation in this country, finding ammo is still a pain in the a.... unless you are reloading. They are also cheap because they all look rushed into production nothing like Swiss rifles or Swedish mausers. I'd rather save my money for something that I can enjoy and not cuss every time I try to cycle the bolt. I am 100% with you on "The bottom of the rung of surplus" .

Picked up a pretty cool replica today :love:

CC95F624-D71B-4D0B-B49B-94A527FAF236.jpeg
1F353F0E-18E9-4F28-82DC-75898170653E.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom